Sunday, June 27, 2010

If You Want Blood...You Got It!

Wow there are a lot of good-looking people at IKEA. I am sure that's what they were thinking too. I hope we just about have our daughter's dorm room completely decorated and accessorized.

Sugar Momma and I went for brunch at Ruby Tuesday finally yesterday. I had the crab cakes eggs benedict. It was very good. There were a couple of older people a few tables over and the waitress asked them if they had had brunch there before. They said they had. The waitress went and got their drinks and came back and asked if they were ready to order and they said they didn't know what they were supposed to do. They then proceeded to tell the waitress they hadn't had brunch THERE before. So, I guess they have had brunch in their lives and they just thought the waitress was taking an overall life-long brunch survey. I found it very amusing.

I had gained three pounds over the last few weeks with the graduation party (mai tais) and all. I weighed in this morning and I lost the three pounds. I still have a fat mentality as the first thing I thought was "I will have to go out to eat to celebrate." I doubt that urge will ever go away. I just have to be aware of it and fight it the best I can. Even if I do give in occasionally my choices are wiser now that I know how to eat smarter and I get full easier so I am not too concerned.

I bought two new clothes drying apparatuses at IKEA. One hangs from a tree (or anything I guess) and looks like a large Christmas tree ornament or a chandelier that has built-in hangers on it for underwear and socks...maybe I could do soot removal for Santa. The other is a stand-alone rack that holds quite a bit. Combined with the retractable line I already have I am just about ready to open my own eco-friendly laundroMATT. That is if it ever stops raining every other day and wasn't so darned humid when it isn't raining. Maybe I should move the clothes lines a few miles south underneath a couple of those wind turbines for a constant breeze.

I have been applying for jobs that I am over-qualified for lately because that's all that seems to be available. I think I would welcome a job where I can just do what I am told and go home at the end of the day. Most of the jobs I have had since college have involved management and I have always taken my work home with me and was a stressed-out jerk. I think I want a job where I can just leave work at work. That's my goal but even if it starts that way it will probably end up with more responsibility. It's tough; I want to do a good job no matter what I do but doing a good job usually leads to more duties and responsibilities and headaches. I like being a non-stressed non-jerk (at least less of a jerk). I think my family likes it better too.

I believe I will give blood today so I am light-headed for our baseball game tonight. I am not afraid of needles and I figure if someone needs something and I have extra I should help them. I may check into giving plasma too. I think that's where they pump some of your blood out, remove the plasma and pump the blood back in to you. I'm always open to new experiences. If they want plasma....they got it!

I hope your week has a good start today. Fourth of July is Sunday so hopefully where you work gives you next Monday off. Have a nice day. I'll blog you later.

** crab cakes benedict photo scrambled from nomenu.com and handing clothes dryers photo tumbled from bedzine.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment