Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SUNday was named wisely!

Man, it's June already? A lot of you are back at work today and catching up on the important things like Matt In The Middle.

I did quite a bit of work in the yard this weekend and my neck and shoulders are lobster red. That old sun is a sneaky sun-of-a-gun. That sounds like the beginning of a song. I didn't know he had snuck up on me until after he had already gotten me. I truly found out how SUNday got it's name. My neck really hurts from the sunburn today. Sunday's sunburn medicine was margaritas and yesterday's was Mike's Hard Mango Punch. Here is the dosages I used for sunburn for Sunday and Monday and they both worked: Sunday - 4 margaritas in 30 minutes, Monday - 6 Mike's Hard Mango Punch's in 45 minutes. Today I am just going to have to tough it out but I may need to go shirtless until our baseball game tonight. I know I am really taking a chance blogging that I will be shirtless because the paparazzi will probably be packed in the cul-de-sac today but I guess they have to make a living too. I apologize, in advance, to my neighbors for the media circus that will probably ensue today.

Why do we need crosswalks? Is it because people couldn't determine if a car was coming if there wasn't a little picture of a person not walking. Now there are the crosswalks that show you how much time you have to cross. They had to make crossing the street like a video game so we would get out and excercise? I pretty much just cross whenever I want and that will probably be written in by obituary.

I want to sleep all day today but we have a graduation and a graduation party coming up so there is no time to sleep. I am starting to think that the fog I see outside is actually behind my eyes rather than in front of them. I need to grocery shop today because a three-day weekend depletes the resources quite a bit. It's weird how one extra day can make that big a difference in the supply department.

My son just went downstairs to get ready to leave for school. I hope he doesn't examine his lunch before he leaves. We are low in the snack-cake department. By low I mean completely out. I did substitute the snack-cake with a strawberry jello; I know, that's not a fair trade. Also, there were no individual bags of Dorito's so he has a zip-lock bag of Ruffles. Maybe I will get fired as the lunch-maker. There is only 3 days left so, unfortunately, I will keep the job for next season.

I hear cupboard doors opening and closing down there and the lunch bag rustling...I am getting nervous...are you on the edge of your seat? I went down there and not a word of the lunch was said...whew... Also, he said that it is foggy outside so now I have confirmation that the fog is outside of my head.

I wrote a check the other day (I write very few anymore since most things are on-line now) and it was for $227.10? Why do we write the .10 as 10/100? Weren't we taught to reduce fractions using a common denominator? Shouldn't it be 1/10? That has always bothered me but now it doesn't matter as much I suppose since I hardly write checks any more.

I saw a sign yesterday that said "May is Mental Health Month..." thank goodness that's over!

It's Tuesday already so this week should fly by for you. I hope you have a nice day and that you aren't sunburn. You might look odd sitting at your work with no shirt on. Blog you again tomorrow.

** margarita photo (a)salted from midlifeslices.com, beatles photo billy sheared from seriouslove.wordpress.com & happy gilmore tap, tap, tapped out from narrowbridge.net **

No comments:

Post a Comment