Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Even His Hair is Sick of Him!

We like to believe we are the best in the world but we are not in every way
I am so tired of health insurance companies. Don't get me wrong - I am extremely happy that I have health and auto and life and home... insurances but they are really difficult to love. They have zero problem taking our monthly payments and our weekly or bi-weekly payroll deductions but, when we have to use the insurance that we have paid for, without missing a single payment for decades, they sure make us jump through the hoops. We have to be the greediest country in the world. As of 2009 there were already 58 countries that had universal heath coverage. We think we are the greatest country in the world, and in many ways we are, but we all really know that we are not in many other ways. A country who doesn't care about its citizens' health and welfare isn't so great in my eyes. I love America but my birth certificate reads West Germany and my passport says Germany on it. I am proud that Germany has the world's oldest national social health insurance system going back to Otto Von Bismarck's Sickness Insurance Law of 1883. 92% of the German population is covered by this plan today. I might think about staying there next month if the kids were with us. My friends and family are much more important to me than money though. Maybe I will build an ark when I get back and we can all go together.

Perhaps a lot of my insurance issues are because I work for a state that is calling itself broke. I have done everything that has been asked of me during my recent (and continuing) ailment but I received a letter saying that the records that they have from my several doctors don't go back far enough. So, I sent info to my various doctors and I am sure they will send the proper information to the insurance company and my work. I am curious what the next hold-up will be. I have paid into the government since about 1979 and only collected unemployment for a short time while when I was working in a housing market that bottomed-out. I thought that was why we paid in way more than we could possibly ever collect? I am kind of naive and too trusting most of the time but I know when I am being bamboozled and hornswoggled and I don't care for it much.

I am so happy that the Cardinals are playing the White Sox for the next few days. The Cards just finished up with the Cubs and I got to watch them sweep the northsiders and now they are playing the southsiders so I get to watch all those games. I love watching baseball and especially when my favorite team (the Red Birds) are playing. I hope they keep playing the way they have been playing this season. I will try to get World Series tickets again if they make it. Fabio and I went to a game in 2006 when they played the Tigers. He says he doesn't remember it very well (he was born in 1997 so he was like nine). The White Sox beat the Cardinals last night.
Even his hair it trying to distance itself from him

I so love that Donald Trump's empire is crumbling. NBC first dumped his shows: Miss USA and Miss Universe. There is also talk that, if and when The Celebrity Apprentice returns to television, Trump will not be the host. You had to be a moron not to see this guy's true colors years ago. Is he still going to pretend to run for President  for the tax breaks? Why aren't other candidates coming out and speaking about this? If you haven't heard he called Mexican immigrants rapists and drug runners... Jeb Bush's wife is Mexican (his children, therefore, are Mexican-American); I would have freaked if I were him which is probably why I am not in politics. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are both Cuban Americans - why would they not say anything? Why didn't Hillary Clinton say anything? Hate has to stop and I would have said something had I been a Presidential candidate even as a white man with no ties to Mexico (nor being a minority). Where was Bernie Sanders? It just shows that they all want to stay under the radar and not really tell us how they feel about controversial issues. They tell us what is safe for them. Or, are they not incensed like I am which worries me even more? If anyone of them would have said something right away they probably would have earned my vote regardless of their political affiliation. I will shop at Macy's as they dumped Trump's products and I will continue to watch NBC. They both earned my respect - people and principles above money.

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are getting divorced - who cares? Wasn't he married to Jennifer Lopez too? Playas gonna play!

I have lots to get done today so I need to call this a wrap. Maybe I will have a wrap for lunch today now that I write that. I hope you have a great day; it seems like there will be nice weather in these here parts - I hope you have the same. Thanks for stopping by: I appreciate your socks off. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment