Thursday, July 16, 2015

If I Blog About Hair and Plugs is this a Hair Plug?

Yesterday I started the day off in a crabby mood and karma used her sense of humor, once again, to show me why I should not take things so seriously; she does that quite often to me as it turns out. I was using my little battery-powered nose hair trimmer to do what it was designed to do and, when I finished, I took it out of my nose as I am supposed to do according to the directions that I have never read (because I am a dude and dudes usually don't read the directions until the thing breaks). The part that was, just milliseconds before, inside my left nostril dropped straight into my mouth. Nobody can say that I am not doing my part with recycling. You're welcome environment and America! And, yes I am aware that was a very long (TWSS) run-on sentence a couple of sentences ago but I imagine karma will pay me back for that later too.

Tomorrow night Cha Cha is dragging me out to see some Eagles' cover band (One Of These Nights) at RiverEdge Park in Aurora. Cha Cha thinks I need mental stimulation all the time because my brain is aging faster than I am so she keeps me busy. I guess the story was really more like: our college buddy Greg asked if we'd be interested in going and we said "yes" because we like Greg and we like The Eagles but, I have more fun playing the victim. If the night ends-up sucking I am going to stick with the first story though so I have no blame in the MATTer. We may eat at Walter Payton's Roundhouse & America's Brewpub first.

The dentist (his name is Crentist) appointment was no fun yesterday. I wrote that previous sentence yesterday about three hours before the appointment with the knowledge that going to the dentist always is NO FUN! They kill your self-esteem with all of the things that you're doing wrong. Has anyone ever come away from the dentist with ALL good news and/or feedback? By your silence I am assuming the answer is, "NO!" It is today now (tomorrow from those previous sentences) and I had one cavity that is no longer a cavity and I am going back at the end of the month to get one of those cleanings that hurt like Hell. I like how they numb your gums up enough that you won't feel any pain at all until about an hour or two after you have been home. They don't want all of we victims patients scaring and upsetting the next victims patients in the waiting room. It pretty much hurt all night long so I took one of the sleeping pills that I am supposed to be taking every night but no voodoo doctor is gonna tell me what to do!

I should probably stop mentioning specific places and showing photos of items with their brand names to be seen by all who read the blog. Who is ever going to pay me to blog if I keep plugging all of their stuff, by name and likeness, for free? Maybe Cha Cha and my team of neurologists are right about my brain (or "left about my brain" - not sure).

At 04:11 I had two very distinct knocks (like on a wooden door) in my right ear. Did someone die? I think that is three knocks, right? Maybe it was Dawn and Tony Orlando didn't get his knock in? It was really creepy no MATTer what it was.

I think I am going to grow a beard before we go to Europe - starting today. I know it will be hotter and I see that, over the last few months while I have been battling with my brain, my brain has used the weapon of graying my hair as a mental tactic (which I kind of like - but don't tell my brain) so I am sure I will have that distinguished salt-and-pepper look when the beard arrives. I got the idea for growing the beard after watching the premier episode of The Jim Gaffigan Show last night (see - another free plug). It's a good show if you in my opinion. I would say that Gaffigan and I are about the same girth (though I believe he is taller than I am so it is a girth-to-height ratio thing) and his beard masks his double chin pretty well. I have darker hair so I may even have a better beard beard (that is my new term for a beard that hides your double chin). Beard beard comes from the term "beard"  from when a homosexual person has a heterosexual person as his/her "boyfriend or girlfriend." To me that is one of the most special relationships one can have. Kind of like Nell Harper Lee and Truman Capote had, hypothetically. Hey, her new book (Go Set a Watchman) comes out very soon (free plug). That might be great trans-continental travel fodder. Hey, if I grow a beard I can retire the nose hair trimmers.

Thank you for coming by; I hope I make you smile as much as you make me smile when you stop-by. Have a great day. I am curious if I will be able to blog when I am in Europe - I should probably find-out if I need something special to do that. They probably have cyber lounges and bars there, right? I will work it out. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment