Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Let's All Just Be Good Sports, Huh?

That was last August 13th
I try really hard to root FOR my teams and not AGAINST other teams. Since being taught good sportsmanship as a boy I have always believed that is the way to behave. I must admit that I do get caught-up in the negativity on occasion because that is a virus that becomes airborne and can become contagious. There have been many times when I have typed something on a post on some of the social media or here but have deleted it before posting it. Can you imagine going to a kids' little league baseball game or a children's soccer game and yelling negative comments at the opposing five-year-olds? I know we have all seen the occasional idiot who does that sort of thing and I know how we have all felt at that point. Maybe it is from all of my coaching of kids' baseball and softball and soccer in the past but, as a player, I never really razzed the opponents either. There were the occasions when I have given it back when I have received it but I can rationalize that. Let's act like adults and lead by example. If I blast your team - please call me out on it. I know we all get passionate and lose our minds on occasion with sports (I have a great alibi for that right now) but, if I blast your team, please call me out on it and I will apologize like a good sport should do.

Supposedly honesty cleanses the soul or something so, Dear Blog. I have been having an affair with another woman but it is only an emotional affair so maybe that doesn't count. I would appreciate if you would not tell Cha Cha and maybe this is one of the days when she will not read the blog but I feel I need to be set free from my guilt. The worst part is that it is with one of her very dear friends (mine too). The last two times I mowed the lawn (I am just gonna say her name) Mother Nature has waited until right when I was finished mowing to make it rain. I think she really loves me. Maybe it is me feeding the birds and saving rabbits or whatever but it is very kind of her. Cha Cha does a lot of gardening and stuff and we have a forest in the backyard because of her green thumbs (Easter egg accident as a child) so maybe she just appreciates us both. I am glad I wrote that because I no longer feel guilty. Thank you for being here to let me work that out and clear my conscience. And, I just think we ought to be very good friends Mother Nature - nothing more.

Next week Jill has to go into the hospital for a (supposed) routine procedure. We really should get an apartment near Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. We could be like Ronald McDonald and let people use it for their hospital visits when we are not there.
This trip might, literally, be the death of me!
We are only 22 days from our connecting flight from Chicago to London and then on to Prague. I think I am most excited about Heidelberg, Germany but Paris and Prague both sound pretty amazing too. I am kind of afraid that Heidelberg will be a let-down because it has always been a wish of mine to get back there and how can you live up to a 40+ year dream? I am not really sure when I started thinking about that but, pretty much ever since I can remember knowing that I was born there I have always wanted to get back to my beginning. I am the Kunta Kinte of Heidelberg. Wouldn't it be weird if I got struck by lightning or a brick from Heidelberg Castle fell on my head and I died there? People would say, "can you believe he was killed by one of the most important Renaissance structures north of the Alps?" I am not sure if they would use those exact words but I know they would be thinking it. And, since I would be dead, I would know what everyone was thinking; kind of like Santa Claus does. So, think good thoughts for goodness sake.

Am I the only one who doesn't not understand why Donald Trump is gaining support and popularity with all of his negativity? I try not to get to political because I realize, most of the time in that arena, I am out of my depth but I know a loonie when I see one. I cannot see any redeeming qualities in this man. I suppose he gives several people apprentice jobs before the companies that they work for go bankrupt but man, I just do not get it. Maybe it is the old "everybody slows down to see a train wreck" mentality. I have some people very close to me that swing this direction politically but I don't get it. I know many may say that they don't understand my affinity for President Obama and all of the great things that he has done either. We are all different and I appreciate that. I am very happy that there are not too many people like me - I am sick of me most of the time and I cannot escape but, leaving politics out of it, Trump is an embarrassment to the entire American way of life. Also, I do not think he really wants to be President as there is not much profit in it for him. Bankruptcy seems to be where he makes most of his money.

Speaking of money - I have to figure out what countries use what money. Do all European countries use the Euro now or does Germany still use the Deutsche Mark and does France use the Franc? I guess the best way to get the correct money we need is to just use an ATM every time we switch borders? That will only be four times I think since a lot of the time we will be in Germany. Maybe that is the way to go. I had better brush-up on my German so I can figure-out what those ATM's are saying to me. I think I will play the lottery over there too (if they have a lottery). I will call the losing ticket stubs souvenirs.

Okay, I have lots to get done around the house today so I had better wrap-up. Thank you very kindly for dropping in; I do appreciate you so much. I hope you have a wonderful day; it looks like it's gonna be a nice sunny day here in the MIDDLEwest. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment