Friday, July 24, 2015

Stop Preying on the Sick and Elderly!

I am getting pretty gosh-darned fed-up with all of the people/companies with their hands-out wanting to take some more of my money. Preying on the sick in this country has got to stop. Yesterday I got a call about getting my new C-PAP machine. The guy left a message saying that I have an appointment set-up for me on Monday at 14:00 in "Mac Kazey Park, Illinois." I am assuming that he means Machesney Park, which is semi-close to me, but it was obvious he was just a telemarketing-type. He said to make sure that I bring a MasterCard, Visa, debit card or Discover card to cover the cost that my insurance doesn't cover. I will decide if I am going to go or not. And, if I do go and my cost is more than $200 I will say that I do not want the machine and I will leave. I still have my old machine from several years ago. If I use that one again, I will just order a new mask online (or should that be offline?). Maybe I will call them ahead and find-out what the cost will be and then, if I deem it unnecessary, I will cancel the appointment and we can save the fuel and the planet. I am just fed-up with being raped. ENOUGH!

Yesterday I talked about German chocolate cake but then later I began thinking about when we are in France. Will all toast be French toast? If I go swimming will that be a French dip or will that be me? Onion dip? Onion soup? Fries? All bread there will be French bread. When I put my clothes on in the morning will I be French dressing? I bet I am not that delicious on a salad. It seems like the French invented eating. Fondue, crepes, quiche, croissants... What would silk pie be without the French? Silk pie does not sound nearly as appealing without the word French at the beginning. Why am I thinking about Julia Child all of a sudden?

As I usually do when the Cardinals are playing, I checked FSMW (Fox Sports Midwest) last night to see if the Redbirds were on. It always says they are when they are playing but most times the games are blacked-out in my area. I switched over and the Royals / Cardinals was on so, I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen and took out the garbage while I watched the game. Incidentally, it was also on FSKC (Fox Sports Kansas City). The garbage part was between innings when they were showing the commercials. This was a one-game series and the Cardinals ended-up winning the game. It really seems like my aura is changing and things are starting to fall into place for me. Maybe it is my karma. Maybe it is both my karma and my aura working in harmony for a little while. If that could last for at least a month I think I would be happy.
Fox would be a good company if it weren't for the impartial political slants

I don't watch Dateline NBC or shows like that too often because I often check the synopses (that is the plural for of synopsis believe it or not) and those shows are always about murder or violence so I don't watch them. That never used to be the case with those shows. Murder must mean ratings but, not in my house. I prefer to watch more lighthearted and uplifting things when I watch television. There is enough negativity in the world - I don't need to pick it when I have a choice in the MATTer.

Speaking of negativity I have been doing a lot of Facebook spring cleaning. Last week I had 411 Facebook friends and, as of this moment, I only have 308. Every so often I go through and delete people that make negative or hateful posts. Sometimes it is just because they are not really on Facebook but someone in their family or a friend talked them into starting a page or the friend just did it for them. My mom is one of those but I have not deleted her - I am not sure if that would be proper. Immediate family is almost a requirement to be on your friend list. If that were not the case there may be many people who would have deleted me already. I will wait for a moment to see if you are on my naughty list.

I woke-up at 03:15 this morning and could not go back to sleep so, I turned on the television. Working Girl was on HBO. It is so funny to watch movies from the 80's. Working Girl came out in 1988 - the same year that Cha Cha and I got married. I remember that we saw it in the theater; it may have been the first we movie we saw in the theater as a married couple? It was so weird to watch. The big hair, Alec Baldwin looking like one of his lesser brothers (Billy or Daniel but not that moron Stephen). The main sight in the New York City skyline being The World Trade Center. It just made me think of all the things we take for granted every day. I ended-up watching the whole movie until it ended at 05:10. I think I may have to take a nap sometime today because I am already tired and it's only 08:28. While I was watching I cleaned the upstairs desk out; Working Girl inspired me I guess. I bet those words have not been uttered by anyone for nearly 30 years and probably never by a male.
Will not be a problem if I keep my mind right - that's the problem

I am going to work-out again today and, now that the issue with water in the basement has been addressed it should go as planned this time. I am starting to eat well again (for about the 138th time); I had a Lean Cuisine meal for breakfast - I had the vegetable egg roll meal. I always had the hot Asian mustard to the egg roll. I like my: food, women and life spicy! Three weeks from today we will be somewhere in the MIDDLE of Europe. I just looked and we will be in Prague three weeks from today. We will already have London in our rear view mirrors and Nuremberg and Bamberg in our sights. So, if I have dieted for those three weeks and we eat like Europeans while there I will have lost about 20+ pounds by then. Can you tell that I am trying to motivate myself?

I actually may go back to bed right now; I am really sleepy. Was there a holiday this week that I forgot about? It is almost 9 AM now and I still have not heard a garbage truck or the recycling truck. Friday is our trash day in case you didn't make that connection. I guess if the cans don't need to be out on the curb today they will still be there tomorrow.

Okay, I got a bit windy here today. Sorry. I am not going to proofread today (actually, most days I don't which may explain a lot to you). Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great day. Fridays always seem a little better even for people like me who are not working right now. It is something just carved into our psyches when we get our first real jobs and paydays are on Fridays. I am 51% certain I will blog tomorrow so, behave yourself until then. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment