Sunday, July 19, 2015

These Blogs Are Making Me Thirsty!

 I will just go back to sleep for a bit - no problem 
It is 03:02 on Sunday morning and I have been in one of the scariest places I know for roughly the past hour-and-a-half or so - alone in my own mind. I think I am going to get ahold of Stephen King to see if I can check into his head for a few hours so I have some happier thoughts and maybe be able to get some sleep. I have a couple of different kinds of pills that they have given me to help me sleep but I thought I was tired enough to make it through the night; imagine me being wrong. I wonder if this is how King became the master of terror or horror or whatever it is that they call him. Maybe his novels are just outlets for his unsavory thoughts and nightmares? "Unsavory" isn't the right word - perhaps just "unpleasant." My eyes feel heavy so maybe I need to take one of those pills so my eyes can grow heavy and I can stop for the night (though it is closer to day than night almost). 3 AM - 4 AM is supposed to be "The witching hour" so I am right near the MIDDLE of that as it is now 03:24. It didn't really take me 22 minutes to write this so far; I went downstairs to get some water as I am parched. Perhaps that is my real problem; maybe I am just thirsty? This blog is making me thirsty! I am not sure why 3 - 4 is the witching hour but that is when ghouls and demons and witches and ghosts and bloggers... are supposed to be able to wander freely and are at their peak of nastiness. How do time zones effect that? Will we have to get used to an entirely different witching hour in Europe? Some believe that Midnight to 1 AM is the witching hour. Why can't we agree on even one thing as simple as this? I remember, when I first started blogging many moons ago, I used to write about this topic a lot. Maybe there is a book in there somewhere for me? Maybe that is where this has been leading all along? Do books still exist? I see people reading books on their tablets and such quite often - same thing just different incarnation I suppose.

Speaking of writing, I have been entertaining trying to get a writing job for a magazine. I am not sure what topic appeals to me the most. I like music. I like movies (saw two yesterday). I like people (quite a few anyway). Pretty much all aspects of entertainment appeal to me. "Entertainment" can encompass almost anything. I like sports. It should always be a dream of people to get paid for what they enjoy doing. I guess it should only be that dream until it becomes a reality. I am gonna work on this one I think. Cha Cha suggests I start with writing short stories. Perhaps. Maybe I should be an entertainment reviewer? This weekend I ate at a few restaurants, saw two movies and went to a concert. I don;t take much credence in reviews because we all have different tastes and just because I like it does not mean that you will like it and then you will think, "man, he has crappy taste so I will never read his reviews again" when, in fact, we may have just disagreed with the one thing I wrote and then you will never read any of my other reviews.Short stories that will be bought
This has pretty much been my life-long mantra 

It is now 03:49 so I will try to sleep away the last quarter of the witching hour. Here's a video to entertain you until I get back - don't worry it is not scary. I remember (I think) that I used to play this song a lot when I blogged before I worked nights and would be working right through the witching hour. I wonder how that chapter of my life will play-out? Life is so intriguing and mysterious isn't it? Maybe this song is kind of the Matt In The Middle anthem? I have now watched the video three times (coincidence) and now it is 04:00 (I am officially out of the witching hour) and I think I am still alive. I am going to sleep now that the demons have released me.

Is it just me or are George H. W. Bush and Robin Williams now doppelgangers? Now I am really going to try to sleep. Really!

It is now 07:37 and Cha Cha and I are sitting in the Tiki Room. I, obviously, am blogging again now. While I was sleeping again I actually had a dream (pretty rare for me though occurring more of late). I guess it was really a nightmare involving bullet-proof vests and someone complaining about me. I do not mind nightmares. I like stories of all kinds and, if I am having nightmares, that means that I am sleeping. Bring on the nightmares.

I had to run (I walked really) outside and check and fix the exterior garage lights. When Cha Cha tells me something wrong I have to go and fix it right away because, if I don't, I will forget and it will never get fixed. That one was, as it turned-out, relatively simple though I like to wrongly believe that I am just brilliant. Maybe Cha Cha has slipped me a mickey to make me seem like I have lost memory capacity and recall in order to remedy my terrible procrastination problem. That, I would say, has always been one of my biggest faults. That and, of course, my ruggedly handsome looks that intimidate others. Other than those, I am perfect.
I am tired of the rich and powerful keeping the rest of us down. Isn't that how revolutions and revolts begin? I am not calling for a coup or a revolt I am merely wondering why we, the people, let these rich and powerful a-holes get away with everything they get away with. I have fed into this when I worked for a bunch of rich a-holes. I am happy I am out of that situation. Thank you housing-market crash!

I am going to wrap-up for today. I think I will blog tomorrow. If you're looking for something to do to stay out of the heat I would suggest seeing Train Wreck in a nice cool theater. Don't go if you are easily offended with unsavory language and/or nudity. I think LeBron James was one of the funniest parts of the film. Of course, Amy Schumer is really good as always and was the best part of the movie. Thank you for stopping by. Try to stay cool today. I appreciate you coming by. Maybe, once my short stories are made into films, you will say, "hey, I used to read this idiots blogs a few years ago." TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment