Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TV Sucks, Read Blogs (this one at least)

I really hate the commercials talking about the about animal cruelty that show us the cruelty. I realize that some people need to see it to believe that it is true but I think most of us know that animal cruelty exists. The newest one is with Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting from one of the worst shows in television history (The Big Bang Theory) showing baby seals being clubbed. There's also that one with Sarah McLachlan singing "Heart of an Angel" with the videos of sad and abused animals. We know that this stuff is going on - just tell us and sing or whatever. I don't need extra convincing - in fact, that is when I change the station (that word used to be channel). I just had to get that off of my chest. I am actually more of a DVR guy who doesn't watch commercials anyway.
I am going to take my own advise  - thank you blog!

While many were watching the baseball all-star game Cha Cha and I watched a couple of episodes of Happy Days on ME-TV. Television was so much better back then when we only had three networks. They had to actually try to make good shows. Today there are so many channels and nearly all of them are on all the time that they just put whatever crap they have and it is up to us to create our own networks by switching the channels all the time to find something worth watching. I bet more than 50% of the time people are watching crap that they never even really have interests in. I spend a lot more time these days with the television off - especially since True Detective sucks this season. The sophomore suck? I guess that is what blogging is for, huh?  It seems odd that someone who says he doesn't watch much television started today railing about commercials, baseball all-star games and how crappy programming is. And sometimes, when television is pretty good, it is being made by someone who is not who we think they are. Sometimes it is made by someone who is drugging and raping women who trust him and look-up to him (hypothetically).

I am going to try to turn the blog around because I think my despondence and border-line depression are coming-out in my writing this morning. I have always found that, if we don't like our attitudes, it is our responsibility to change them. I know so many people who cannot realize that they have poor attitudes. I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse to be able to realize that you are becoming snarky. I think, at one time, I was snarkily-challenged. Maybe I am just dreading the dentist today?

It's odd how taking a few moments to pet a dog can change one's mood. Maybe I should blog about politics? No, that will never end well.
My Twitter Account is officially closed folks!
I am about 70% certain that I will delete my Twitter account today. I rarely use it and, all I get lately, are people "following" me who are trying to sell me stuff. If people are going to troll beneath my bridge I think maybe it is time to tear down the bridge and just stay on my side of the gully. I am 100% now since I took about 15 minutes figuring out how to and deleting my account. They make it a bit confusing because they want us all Tweeting - not me anymore!

I must be in a cleaning mood lately. Yesterday I did the yearly deleting of many Facebook "friends." Most of the time it is just because they are people that I rarely interact with on Facebook; I hope nobody takes it personally. If you want to remove me from your Facebook list I would be fine with that. Actually, I would be surprised that you hadn't done it sooner.

I am gonna end now. I am still tired and you're not supposed to blog when you are tried or crabby. Maybe that is something else, not blogging? I am sure the dentist will cure my attitude. Thank you for letting me vent today; I really needed you it appears. I hope you have a fantastic day. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment