Thursday, July 9, 2015

Matt About Town (The Evanston, IL Edition)

That goes for blogging too I am afraid
I just realized that I have not blogged yet today. It is only 07:02 so I don't know why I thought that I had? Obviously, I still have days of slight to moderate confusion. I had quite a big day yesterday so maybe all the stimuli will take me awhile to completely process and file-away before I am ready to move-on to new things? Maybe if I could just let my mind rest for awhile it would get back to normal. This has always been the reason that I don't sleep well too I believe; I cannot shut my brain off. Perhaps it is overheating? One would think that I would be smarter that I am after 24/7 for over 51 years. I guess that comes back to the saying that "it isn't how hard you work rather how efficiently..."  I do realize that nobody's brains ever completely turn-off until death so maybe I should be careful for what I wish for, huh? I would just like to while away the hours conferring with the flowers once in awhile though.

I know this may come from The Department of Redundancy Department but I am really having a difficult time remembering things this morning - more so than usual. Maybe I will lie down again after I get done writing this. One of my dearest friends, Greg, is coming over this afternoon so we can go to lunch. Greg and I are alike in many ways and very different in many ways - I like him for both of those halves. I am really happy that the Cubs - Cardinals game ended the way that it did last night as I would have had to endure quite a subtle ribbing had the Cubs won three out of four of the games they just got done playing. There are only three games left before the all-star break and now the Cardinals meet the second-place Pirates. No MATTer what happen with the Cubs and the Bucks and the Cards - the second half of the season in the National League Central will be interesting and entertaining. These three teams are all playing lights-out baseball right now.

I always carry a pad of paper with me but maybe I will start carting my little digital micro recorder around with me too (or instead). I do like writing things down for some reason. Maybe I am just a traditionalist journalist?
Maybe something similar to this would be nice?
Evanston, IL is a really nice town. It is very vibrant and busy. It is right on Lake Michigan and, I imagine, it has something for just abut everyone. The yards are about the same size as our yard but I think they take a lot less time to mow (though I think they have somebody doing it for them). The houses take-up almost the entire lots. You could, literally, reach out of your window and shake hands with your neighbor reaching out of their window. Most of the homes near the lake, not surprisingly, are beautiful. I figure they must be very expensive and the taxes are probably more than most of us would want to try to afford. I realized it the houses must be very expensive when I saw a lot of the real estate signs showing the realtor as Sotheby's. I assume it is the same Sotheby's that does all of those hoidy-toidy art, jewelry, celebrity, collectible... auctions. I think I would prefer a small house on a lake in Wisconsin or somewhere quiet. Maybe on Golden Pond?

Walking around town yesterday I realized that I would be much better looking had windows never been invented. I suppose I would still see my reflection in water occasionally even if there was no glass. Maybe a lake house would not be such a great idea after all? I am not going to even get started with my disdain for mirrors. Maybe I should invent Disdained Glass Windows (patent/trademark/copyright... pending). I have decided to drop a few several LBs (that's how we hipsters say pounds) before the trip. I know I how to do it and I have before but I always end-up gaining then pounds back. I realize it is my fault because I jump off the wagon but I will lose twenty pounds faster than Jack Robinson.

Our big trip begins is 34 days. I called all of the credit card companies and our cell phone company a couple of days ago and told them that we will be out of the country next month so that we would not have issues with calling and/or getting our money. I told them the dates and they asked which countries we would be visiting and I got so excited every time I listed the five countries to the people on the other end of the calls.

I have some things I need to get done before my chariot arrives to whisk me away to lunch (probably salad for me). I hope you have a great day and are having the nice weather we are having in this part of the MIDDLEwest. Thank you, so much, for stopping by. Thank you, also, for coming back as often as you do and for the kind and thoughtful words. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment