Thursday, July 2, 2015

I Still have 24 Years To Go!

I actually do have an expiration date but I didn't want to make you feel bad
I feel quite old a lot of the time lately. Maybe I am old; I still like to believe that I am Matt In The Middle but none of us really knows what our Middle is until we are reaching the end. Maybe my Middle was when I was 30 or when I was 26 and I am almost done now. I know there is that expression that "we don't have an expiration date stamped on our" feet or bottoms or wherever a stamp like that would go. I am not sure if it would be better if we knew when our expiration dates were. If I found out that I was going to be going wherever I will go when I am done here soon I wonder what I would do differently.

I slept terribly again last night. I don't know why I don't just take those sleeping pills the doctor prescribed for me. Maybe it is because they help me get to sleep but they don't make me stay asleep? I know my main problem last night was that it was raining in St. Louis. Yes, rain 279 miles away had much to do with me not sleeping last night. I don't hide the fact that I love the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't get to see them play too often since I live more in the MIDDLE of the country than Missouri (actually Missouri is right in the MIDDLE of the U.S. and Illinois is a dogleg right). This past week has been very nice - the Cards played the Cubs for three games (Cards won all three - a sweep) and last night and the night before they played the White Sox. The game last night went well until after midnight because there were three separate rain delays. The White Sox ended-up winning both games. I guess that is technically a sweep too but I have a difficult time calling winning two games a sweep (even if The Cards had won both games).

In addition to my usual problems with sleep last night I had a nightmare last night. I normally don't remember dreams so, for me to remember one must mean that I was sleeping fairly deeply. In the dream I happened on a bad car crash and, being who I am, I got out to see how I could help. As I approached one of the cars that was flipped-over I saw Cha Cha and my good friend Sue in the car in pretty bad shape. Of course, like there is in many movies like this, flames were everywhere and there was a gas leak and it was dripping all over the pavement surrounding the scene. Dreams rarely let me see the final outcome but I am sure I saved everyone from peril.

I am hearing from a lot of people that they wish we would start recording Dirty Laundry Podcast again. With all of our health problems (first Cha Cha and now me) we put the show on hold. We loved doing the show but life got in the way. So much for "the show must go on" huh? I am going to start looking into getting the show back together. I promise you that we enjoyed recording it every bit as much as you liked listening to it. I will begin getting the show back together. Thank you for all of your kind words about the show and giving me the kick in the pants that I probably need to get the show back together. I think it was a good form of therapy too - I need an outlet for my sarcasm and frustrations.

I just got an email from the WWF and I was wondering why the World Wresting Federation cared about the Great Barrier Reef but then I realized it was the World Wildlife Fund (I belong to that one and that makes much more sense). I think the wrestling one now calls itself the WWE so we know it is only "entertainment."

It is funny how much my view of bananas has changed over the years. Maybe you were like me when you were young. I have always loved bananas (like most of we monkeys do) but, when I was young, I never ate the brown / black parts. It took me a long time to realize that those are the sweetest parts. What is that saying about the darker the berry the sweeter the juice or something like that? Bananas are one of the perfect foods - the the other one is the egg. They both come in their own packages and they can both be carried and eaten straight from the package. The egg toy need to boil first though. I guess you don't HAVE to cook it but it is probably healthier that way.

I have plenty to get done today so I had better get it done though I would much rather stay here and talk with you all day. As always, I appreciate you coming-by. It sounds like I may be going kayaking this weekend. I am usually not sure what I am doing until I am doing it so we'll see. Have a great day please! TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment