Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I Am Becoming Follically Melanin-Challenged

 This will be me by winter I believe 
I think a few days ago I mentioned how I am growing my beard back and told you that it is coming in gray.Well, now that it is starting to fill-in and get a bit longer, it actually looks more white than gray: I am melanin-challenged in the beard department now! I would think that I am turning into Santa Claus but I have been losing weight and, when Tim Allen turned into that The Santa Clause Santa he gained weight. I prefer the white to the gray though I think. Maybe I should slow-down the weight-loss part until I see if the beard is gonna be completely white so I could do Santa Claus gigs. I prefer losing weight to gaining though gaining is more fun and easier. Is Santa (no last name necessary) still at Santa's Village? I would think that he'd have to be, right? I know it is called Santa's Village and Azoosment Park now so I am not sure if that Azoosment part has changed things. I have portrayed the jolly old elf in the past and I love to see kids smile and the happiness in their eyes when they see Santa. I remember Cha Cha and I were Santa and Mrs. Claus for a social club in Aurora one year and we went to visit sick kids in the hospitals. It was sad and heart-warming at the same time. Nobody wants to see sick children but, to make them smile and make them feel special at Christmastime is always great! Kids should always be happy!

I have been following the story about the lion (Cecil) that was butchered (hunted by a rich, egocentric idiot, Minnesota dentist). I heard about the story when the lion was first discovered killed, beheaded and skinned. I did not write about it originally because I was too upset about it but now everybody is reporting about it so I may as well weigh-in. I am now more enraged than upset. The dentist says he thought he was on a legal hunting expedition to track and murder this beautiful animal. I am convinced that is 100% bullshit and he knew exactly what animal he was hunting! He knew exactly what he was doing. In case you haven't heard the story, the lion was kind of the mascot  and main attraction of a wild animal zoo refuge park in Africa where people could go and see the animals. The lion seemed to like the people and the people loved him. Now they are going to have to bring in a new lion and the three cubs of the previous lion are in jeopardy. When a new lion takes over a pride he always kills the cubs of the previous lion/leader so as not to get bushwhacked by the former heirs of the kingdom. I worked for five or six douche bags (that is unfair to douche bags) at one time that had almost endless money and I watched them trample on everybody just to do stupid, pointless crap like this (not quite this bad that they let everyone know about, however). I think some of it was an unspoken competition among them to try to out-do one another. Most of us spend time and energy to pay our bills but, if that is not a concern, you have to find another way to occupy your time I guess. I could totally see any one of them doing something like this. In a movie that I would make (I think I would call it An Eye For An Eye) this dentist/hunter would be on the hunted end of this scenario as penance. I bet An Eye For An Eye has already been used as a movie or book title. Hey, maybe this can be another idea (sad inspiration) for one of my short stories? I have so many short story ideas now  that I think I may have a series of stories. I just have to write them now.
Their joy before they beheaded and skinned this beautiful animal
I heard that there is a cougar (or mountain lion) on the loose in the Milwaukee area (not a joke).There is a rumor that it may actually be a lion that someone had been keeping as a pet (also, not a joke). It has been going through people's trash and such. Maybe they should contact all of the local Milwaukee dentists to get together a posse. I have an appointment to go back to the dentist Friday for a cleaning. Now I am worried.

Last night I slept really well with my new CPAP machine. I did wake-up at 3AM (I love that song but that may just be because I see 3AM so much in my life - we are close) but then I went back to sleep, after an hour-long sleep break, until almost 06:30. I had so many dreams last night. I dreamed about my high school German teacher. He was always nice at school but he was a big jerk to me in my dream. My machine has a screen that, at the end  of the night's sleep, tells me how long I used it for the night and how many "events per hours" I had. The first night said I had 5.3 events per hour and last night I had 1.0 events per night. I think that is better but, I looked in the manual and it does not say anything about "event per hour." It tells me about the smiley faces for air-flow, mask fit and about the usage but there is nothing at all about the events. I guess my doctor (supposedly) up-links my data but I really doubt that they do that. I have a feeling it has something to do with insurance and if I don't use it regularly they will send me a bill. Why would I go get it and not use it? Do they think I like not sleeping? My last unit and mask (mostly the mask) were too cumbersome but they have perfected the machines since my old one that I got probably over ten years ago. So far so great with this new one.


Yesterday I wrote checks for all of the medical bills that have been piling-up. Between Cha Cha and my bills we shelled-out about six thousand dollars yesterday. Prior to paying some, I called to find out what the bill was for or who this doctor was... and I would hear things like, "he was called-in as a consultant and he visited her for the next five days..." Why should we have to pay for that? Why doesn't the doctor or clinic or hospital that hired this person put that into their bill though, if they did that, they would probably mark it up and call it an administrative fee. That is why they overwhelm you with all of those admittance papers. What are you supposed to do when some doctor shows-up in your room wearing their white coat? I guess just tell them to "GET OUT" and say "I will only speak with my physician?" If you haven't seen the Michael Moore film Sicko you should try to check it out. Moore took variously ill people in America over to Cuba (where they have free healthcare) and they even provided healthcare to these non-Cuban citizens that were there. Yes, this is a movie and there may have worked something out but you can see that they are set-up to take care of their sick and elderly people. And we have the nerve to call these countries and rulers evil. Allowing us to go there means lots of money leaving the American pyramid schemes. Anyway, about $6,000 later, we are all paid-up except for one bill that I am disputing as erroneous or possibly paid. Becoming expatriates are still looking better and better every day. You could vacation at our place!

Wow, I made myself very sad today with the blogging of medical bills and the killing of defenseless (almost domesticated) animals so I am going to wrap-up. It looks like rain may be coming so maybe the lack of sun is contributing to my gloomy mood. Thank you so much for stopping-by. I hope you have a great day. I am not sure what time we are heading to Chicago but I think I should be able to blog tomorrow morning. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment