Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Blogging Like a Rock Star from the Northshore

We will definitely bring Jeff here one day
Cha Cha had to work in her company's Evanston office so she brought me with. She is in the office doing office things and I am sitting on the beach a few block away doing beach things. By beach things I mean: lounging on a boulder buried in the beach with another boulder as a backrest. I look like Fred Flintstone if his living room were facing an endless-appearing body of water. I began by walking up and down the beach just taking in the smells and the breeze and the views. I love the beach more than just about any place on the planet. I could blog for hours and hours about that alone but I will not. I really wish I had brought Jeff with me because they have a fenced-in doggie beach and there are several dogs running up and down the beach chasing the surf - we will get him here one of these days.

When I walked the beach I chose the sand path less traveled rather than the paved path. I just love the feel of the sand beneath my feet. For a bit the water missed us not having our boat but then I remembered all of the pains in the butt and I quickly got over that longing. They say the two happiest days for boat owners are the day they buy it and the day they sell it - I can attest to being accurate. There were lots of good days in between those tow day though. It is funny how time makes you remember mostly the good times.

As most of you know, Cha Cha and I listen to Pandora about 20 hours a day. I decided that walking the beach and smelling the surf (even though it is fresh water) would be a great time to listen to the Jimmy Buffet station. It was a good choice. I was a big Buffett fan back in the day and still like his music. I even got to meet him after one of his concerts when I wrote an article about him for Tropical Pleasures magazine. The songs brought back a lot of happy thoughts too. It just seemed like a Buffett sort of a day. Maybe this is the time of my life to invest in a metal detector and one of those beach vacuums? Probably not many doubloons on Lake Michigan though huh?
Good thing that I have a FOID card huh?

Jill brought me with today because she says that, even though the doctors feel it necessary for me to get little mental stimulation she has noticed that the stimulation helps me most of the time. I have always been a social being so for me not to be among my people (whomever they happen to be any particular day) is counter-productive. Most of the time I think she is correct. However, sometimes I do just like to be alone and feel sorry for myself - I think that is the yang to my ying. She is easily my Ethel Thayer. Ha, just as I typed that I heard "she thinks that happiness is a Matt that sits on her doorway." Obviously, the song 3AM by Matchbox Twenty was playing on Pandora. Anyway, I thank my lucky stars every day for having Jill in my life. She seems to know what I need when I don't even believe it - she is usually correct. I think I do the same for her. We're like cheese and crackers (or maybe peas and carrots because some people don't care for me and some don't care for her but everybody likes both cheese and crackers). Also, like cheese and crackers we are even better when we are together than when we are alone.

On the way in here I started to feel like I was having a seizure but I squelched it through breathing and happy thoughts of puppies and kitties and stuff.

I am starting to realize that losing my mind has been one of the best things that ever happened to me. There is so much less pressure. I have been trying to remember Fabio's graduation party a couple of weeks ago and I remember things here and there but not everything. I worry that I wasn't as sociable as I should have been but I do not remember. If I were bad Ethyl Cha Cha would have told me that I had been an old poop.

Okay, my alarm just went off telling me to start making my trek back the couple of blocks to Cha Cha's office for lunch. Good thing I wrote her office address down so I can GPS my trek. I will finish this when I get back from lunch though it appears that I have been pretty wordy already (see - I am in a good place mentally). BRB...

Here's a shout-out for the free WiFi Barnes & Noble - PROPS!
Okay, I am back. Lunch was good and now I have to keep myself entertained for about 150 minutes or so. I am inside a Barnes & Noble in downtown Evanston (I knew they would have free WIFI here).  It looks like rain and I thought rather than walk around and take that chance I would finish the blog and see which way the wind blew. There are lots of cool stores around here so I may go shopping when I am done with the blog. I didn't even know that book stores still existed so you can imagine my delight to find this place. I will definitely look around here before I leave; I love books and magazines and DVD's and CD's... I am a media hound. Plus, whenever I use a service (even free WiFi) I feel compelled to buy something - I am one of the suckers that keeps these places in business. I do notice that everyone has a desert or a coffee so I am not the only one, thankfully. Oh yeah, they have electrical outlets too. "This mall has everything... Pier One Imports..."

Tomorrow my hetero life-mate Greg and I are going to lunch. I am so popular now that I have lost my marbles (maybe I should start using metal marbles so I can find them with my metal detector if I lose all of them).

The Wifi seems to be getting shaky (maybe because of the impending storm) so I am going to wrap-up. Thank you so much for stopping by as you usually do. I really appreciate it and I really do think about you and picture your face as I write this (unless you have never commented or liked the blog). Actually, I picture everyone I know from time-to-time just assuming everyone read this. Except for my mom - she does not read the blog - she is afraid of technology - but, I guess I do think of her too apparently don't I? Have a great rest of your day. I should blog to you again tomorrow morning before Greg and I do out. If not, I will blog to you after. TTTT (sometime)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment