Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Trans- Neptunian (awesome)

It is 04:29 and I am wide-awake. I slept for four hours and 22 minutes according to my watch - 73% of which I was "motionless." So, I slept for 262 minutes (roughly four-and-a-half hours) and, of that, I was "resting in peace" for 191 minutes which is an hour-and-a-half. My math could be flawed as arithmetic has never been one of my strong suits but, if that is correct, that doesn't sound like much. I did not take my sleeping pill last night as I am trying to not become dependent on them but maybe I should be dependent on them as I cannot depend on sleeping properly without them. I was extremely busy yesterday with my TODO list so I never got a nap. I think naps have been a great help to my well-being so I have to just add those to my TODO's. I suppose I wouldn't need naps if I slept for more than four hours and 22 minutes through the night. Though my brain is flawed it does not like to turn off on its own. Maybe that is why I was passing-out;  my body was trying to take charge of the mind and just shut-down. I am afraid that I am going to ruin all of the progress I have made (even though that progress, I believe, is due to the seizure medicines).

Maybe part of the problem last night, besides not taking the sleeping pill, is that the Cubs were playing the Cardinals and I love watching the Cardinals play baseball. I don't get to watch too many games as I am not in their regular broadcast area. The game was stopped due to rain so I went about getting some things done with the thought that the game was ended because it was already "official" but, the rain stopped and I just happened to check as they were discussing resuming play so, of course, I had to watch the completion of the game. My team ended-up scoring some more runs and won 6-0. Today, there is a Cubs-Cards double-header beginning in about seven hours. I am afraid that I will be listening to a lot of that on the radio as I don't see me watching eight-plus hours of baseball. Fortunately, baseball is almost as good on the radio as it is on television. I think that is just the romance part of the game. I honestly do not think that there is another sport that is near as good on radio as baseball. I am tired (no pun intended though noticed) of whining today already and it isn't even 5 AM.

It was weird to see the broadcast of the game on both WGN (Channel 9 in Chicago) and ESPN. I must admit that I so much more enjoyed the ESPN broadcast. I believe if I were a Cubs' fan, however, that I would have liked the home-team broadcast better. Maybe not? I think I liked the impartiality of the broadcasters that did not have a horse in the race.
Bye, Bye Burty!
I did get tired of hearing the term "cutter" and "cutter pitch" so much. I think this "cutter" is a relatively new thing. It is a fastball that breaks slightly toward the pitcher's glove-side. It is between a fastball and a slider I think. Was that formerly known as a slurve? I suppose not since that is a slider and a curve combined. Who decided on the word "cutter?" That makes it sound like an illegal pitch when they used to slice the ball or scuff it to me. Why not a "slide ball" or a "flyder?" Maybe it is weird-ass crap like that which makes baseball just as good on radio?

I heard the Burt Shavitz died Sunday. If you are unaware, he is the Burt's Bees (lip balm, skin products...) dude. It is so funny that, when I wrote a note on my phone yesterday to remember to blog about that, spell-check changed "Burt Shavitz" to "Burt Shaves." I so much prefer Burt's Bees over the other lip-balm products without naming them. We have a couple of recluse-type people in our town that almost everybody knows just because they are everywhere and I think Burt was a dude like that. It is odd that one of those people in our town, he is known as "Shadow," I had not seen in a very long time and just yesterday, before hearing about Burt Shaves (that was on purpose), I saw him walking downtown. The other person that just about everybody in town knows has a beard very similar to the one Burt had/has. I think "recluse" was an inappropriate word there as a recluse is someone who avoids people but they do seem to lead solitary lives. But, that may just be my perception and it could be incorrect.

Over the past few nights (not last night) I have been having nightmares. Maybe it was the sleeping meds allowing me to sleep deeply enough to dream? The nightmares were involving kidnapping and trains. I am sure there is some book somewhere that would make-up some bologna about what that means. I think all of our minds work differently (I know that for a fact right now) and different things manifest themselves differently to each of us. That is why there are so many books about dreams and the meanings of them. I think we need to interpret them independently as we are all different. I also think that trains can mean one thing to me one night and something differently to me a different night. But, I am just as full of crap as the people who interpret other people's dreams. I will take from them what I believe they mean to me. Some people, through time, probably called dreams visions. Maybe I should keep a dream journal. Dreaming is a relatively new concept to me as, without the sleep-aids, I rarely sleep deeply enough to fall into the REM sleep where I dream. Most of my dreams don't seem to be very happy though.
Trans-Neptunian! How cool does that sound?

I heard that we have a space mission to Pluto. I remember, in the 1960's when I was very young, the space missions just to the moon (Earth's) were huge news. Now, we barely even hear about going to Pluto. I heard that we know so little about Pluto that the space craft could fly right into a moon that we don't know exists. I think I heard that Pluto has seven moons that me know of. There are times that NASA cannot even talk to the space craft because they lose communication. It is like the first time back in history that anybody ever took a ship and just sailed off into an ocean or sea (I never really knew what the difference between seas and oceans were). I think, based on the seas and oceans that I know, that seas are smaller than oceans. Seas are usually located where oceans meet land too it seems. If that is correct, seas and oceans have to be together at one point so what are they called then? Soceans? I know oceans are larger. Are seas salt water? I know oceans are all salt water. I could easily look it up but I like to have my own thoughts and I really don't care about being wrong as much as I used care about that sort of thing.

Wow, it is almost 6AM (05:49) now. I may turn off the lights again to see if I can get a few winks. It is like I am writing my own bedtime stories when I blog. Maybe I should start blogging just before I go to sleep? I may try that tonight. That is "may" not necessarily "will."

Have a fantastic day. I have no idea what the weather is gonna be today but, based on the last couple of days here in my part of the MIDDLE, I predict rain. I am glad I got the backyard mowed yesterday between showers. Thank you for stopping in to let me rant and moan and hypothesize and misquote and all of those other things that I was taught not to do when I write. That is the best part about editorializing and blogging - no rules apply. TTTT (or tonight if I decide to blog my bedtime story tonight) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment