Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Time to Sleep After My Sleep Study

It is 05:30 and I am home from my sleep-over at the hospital. I was just there for another sleep study; this time with a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It seems silly that I go in for a sleep study and I come home more tired than I have been in awhile. Now, they will contact me to go in and see what kind of mask I want with my machine. I didn't sleep any better with the machine than I did without one so what is the point? My back hurts from their bed. My chest hurts from where they ripped the sensors off of my hairy chest. I have spots of white sticky goop all over on my hair where they had wires attached to my head. And, I will need to take a nap this morning. I am just worn-out; I will call it MIDDLE-age.

I think this is Tuesday. I am not sure how I feel about Tuesdays. I wonder why I always have to "feel" someway about everything. I am trying to think about something that I do not feel anything about. But, if I think of something that I don't think anything about then I will be thinking about not thinking anything about it which means I am thinking something about it. Yeah, I may be tired.

I just read about a healthy 24-year-old Belgian woman who is suffering from depression who was granted the right to die (euthanasia). What she has is not life-threatening or terminal but she is going to have a lethal injection because she has spent her entire childhood and adult life having suicidal thoughts. She says death to her is not a choice. If she had a choice she would choose a "bearable life." I am not sure how to feel about this. I don;t feel people should kill themselves but who am I to decide what other people should or should not be able to do? I am fortunate enough to have people in my life that I want to live for. There are many things in life that I want to live for; maybe I am just nosy and want to see how things play out? I love to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play baseball. I love to see people smile. Like the occasional gratuitous nudity in movies. I like to smell flowers and watch kids play and laugh. I love to go to the movies. I like to wish I wasn't so fat. I like to buy new shoes every now and then. I like to try new foods and visit new places. I love sending time with my friends and family. I like playing poker. I could go on-and-on about this - because I like to go-on-and-on about things. I don't want to live other people's lives because I have a hard enough time to live my own but I want to live. If this girl want to die I guess I want her to have what she wants. It isn't fair for me to want to have what I want and not offer others that same consideration even if it isn't what I would want for me or for them.
This is an actual photograph of the wheelchair bandit
I heard that a man in a wheelchair robbed a bank in New York yesterday. He got away with $1200 and just rolled-out the door. How does that happen? It wasn't even a motorized wheelchair. I am calling him "The Wheelchair Bandit." I bet he isn't even really handicapped. Maybe it was just easier to rob the bank if he can park closer? You don't hear about bank robberies anymore. When I was a kid some of my favorite movies were about Bonnie and Clyde and John Dillinger... I loved gangster movies. Corporate espionage and things like that aren't as fun to watch.

I have to take a shower and get some sleep. I didn't take my meds yet either. I am sorry this was so short but I wanted to let you know that I am out of the hospital and it was probably a waste of time though it did let some people get paychecks and my and my insurance's expense. I hope you have a great day (it looks like it will probably rain here again today which will make sleeping that much easier). Thank you for stopping by. I am hearing from many people that they enjoy the blog and they are even doing the Faberage Organics shampoo form of telling two friends and they tell two friends and so on, and so on... form of spreading the word. Maybe one day I will get paid to write this - that would be awesome though I love writing no MATTer whether it pays or not. TTTT...MITM (out) TA! I will do better tomorrow when I have had some real sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment