Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Racism Has To End!

I get this contraption off of my head today. I am tired of carrying this mini suitcase full of wires and some gadget with flashing lights around my neck like a St. Bernard carrying a barrel (even though I would have much preferred a cask of rum - I am not much of a brandy guy). For the past 40 or so hours I have been hooked-up to this devise (or vise versa actually). I have had only a few small episodes for it to record. I should be happy about that but, if they never figure out what is going on, how will they know how to stop it? Perhaps I should just accept that these are part of me now and just move-on. My main issue with that, however, is I may be a danger to others and/or, at a lesser concern of mine, myself. I will still have this thing wired into my neurological hard-drive for six or seven more hours so maybe it pick-up one good one? They said I can go in anytime this afternoon (it doesn't have to be exactly 48 hours attached) so, we'll see. Maybe it picked-up something while I was sleeping hare-and-there or there are things going-on inside that aren't manifesting themselves on the outside maybe. It comes down to whenever you call a repair person, for just about anything, the thing usually works well while he/she is looking at it. I really do want this sticker attaching a wire to my Thomas Magnum chest (that is mostly about the hairiness, of course) off though.

(Side note - St. Bernards never really carried barrels of booze around their necks to warm mountain travelers. in the cold Alps)

I think I am in fairly good spirits (pun intended) about this thing going-on but I further think I am just getting tired. I don't sleep through the nights ever. I have been taking naps occasionally. Maybe I should just accept that I have become an old matt and grab a walker and slowly move-on. I have zero problems growing old but I don't want to be old and broken. I guess I am just cracked but sometimes cracks lead to being broken. I just want my cracks (some of them, at least) to remain cracks and not become crevasses. Just get me some Super Glue. I think I may start taking my sleeping pills again tonight. I also have a C-PAP test on Monday night (I already know I have apnea from their previous test). Maybe, after I get the C-PAP machine, this will all remedy itself (sort of). I love to have people watch me sleep - NOT! Medical marijuana may be my next request. I really don't know much about marijuana other than I do like the smell - I know plenty of places where I can go to learn if I need to though.

It looks like it is going to rain again today. That is fine as long as it gets it out of its system and dries-up by Saturday because that is the day of Fabio's high school graduation party. The garage as been converted into a mini diner so we are prepared for whatever weather this way comes. The Weather Channel app on my phone says Saturday is supposed to be a high of 72 degrees with 0% chance of rain. That would be just perfect! However, we in the MIDDLEwest know that the weather doesn't listen to forecasters and weather is as weather does. It also changes on a moment's notice very often. I suppose we are especially sensitive because five years ago we had Splenda's graduation party. I was coaching baseball so Fabio and I were in a neighboring town (Genoa) for a Saturday morning game. Well, the weather turned and we were on the fence on whether to play the game but, when Cha Cha called and said weather-Hell had broken loose at the house and the tents were begin up-rooted... I decided (with a lot of coercion) to call the game on account of weather; it turned-out to be the correct call. I guess we are just a little graduation party shy.
This had always been one of my fave flags - not so much now
I just heard on NPR (National Public Radio) that most of the major flag manufacturers have decided to stop producing Confederate flags. I must commend them on this because this is probably (sadly) one of the biggest pushes and discussions to stop this sign of hatred so it would probably be selling like flap-jacks (that is pancakes or hot cakes for we in the north). I do not commend them much, however, because Walmart, Sears, eBay and Amazon all said they will stop selling this symbol of hatred and prejudice. The state of South Carolina, however, is still flying this beacon of bigotry (patent/trademark/copyright pending) today. That saddens me because South Carolina is a beautiful state; as long as you're white, I now find out. I have been there several times and the people are always very nice but maybe that is because I am white. That isn't fair I guess. If I found that my state hated incredibly handsome white men I don't think it would be easy to just pick-up and move to (wherever). I guess Alabama flies the rebel flag too and it is actually part of the Mississippi flag. The Governor of South Carolina, at least, agrees that it should not be flown at the Capital. I see The Duck Dynasty stopping soon because of this too - thank Heavens. I am so happy that my parents raised me to treat all people equally based on their merits and hearts and minds regardless of their race, color, creed, gender, religion... Maybe it depends on what countries our ancestors came from? No MATTer what it is I will never be able to understand to hate just because of someone's: background, religion, skin hue, native tongue, height, gender, weight, eye color... I must admit that, if I find that someone thinks that way, I become prejudice against them and have no time for them almost immediately. So, I guess I am prejudice - in a good way, if that is possible. There are people I dislike, as we all do and many dislike me, but mine are always based on actions and deeds; not of this criteria.

I love to hear that there is a 16-year old woman/girl who is on the radar of Major League Baseball. She lives in France and I bet she ends up getting college scholarship offers in America at the very least. Her name is Melissa Mayeux - I promise, of you haven't heard that name for the last time.

I have to get some things done. I wish one of them was to take a shower but while I wired-in that is not possible. That will be my first thing after getting back without my gear attached. Thank you for seeing what is going on in Matt Wasteland of a mind; I appreciate you coming by so I have a sense of purpose. Have a great day - I wish you good weather; it sounds it might be "interesting" in the MIDDLEwest. TTTT...MITM (out) TA! Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment