Saturday, June 20, 2015

Call Me Chappie (next week)

I may train the squirrel who comes around to eat helicopters
Yesterday I got a lot done. I mowed the lawn, I cleaned the gutters, I had three mini-seizure deals, I painted the Tiki Room window sills... Those were the biggies. Cleaning the gutters was interesting. The tree just outside of the Tiki Room has been dropping those little helicopter deals on the roof, ground and in the gutters. It turns out that those things are like seeds to grow new trees. We had a Chia Forest growing in our gutter. It was actually kind of attractive. I may be starting an AstroTurf line of gutter inserts. It was so easy cleaning these out. I just climbed the ladder (probably not very smart for someone with limited mental faculties) and pulled the plants and, since they could not really root into anything, they just came out in long clumps.They actually looked kind of nice, though, I bet they impeded the gutters from properly doing what gutters are supposed to do.

I just realized that the baseball season is quickly approaching the half-way mark (All-star game July 14) and I have not been to one live baseball game yet this season. Not even a Kane County Cougars' game. I have to remedy that soon. I bet the Cubs' series with the Cardinals (I am a Cardinals' fan in case you didn't know) is already sold-out July 6,7 and 8. I am going to check. Stub Hub has quite a few tickets left ranging from $10,000 down to $27.. I am leaning toward the lower 10% of that price range (maybe like the lower 5%).

I just read a Rolling Stone interview about the band Rush. I was always a big fan and especially of drummer Neil Peart. To me, he is easily one of the best (if not THE best) rock drummer I have ever heard. The article in RS was about Peart becoming an American citizen (Rush is from Canada) and his views of the upcoming Presidential Election. In the article Peart said he is "unlikely to vote for Rand Paul or any Republican." He went on to say that it is obvious that Paul "hates women and brown people." The band has even sent a cease and desist letter to Paul to stop quoting from their song The Trees in his speeches. Peart has many of the same observations that many of us have made and I found it interesting how someone from one of our neighboring countries sees things as many of us see them. If you're interested in more of this story here is a link to the Addicting Info piece I read. I am ready to vote for Neil Peart!
I had a two minute-long spell there. I am off of my seizure medicine as I am supposed to be getting an electrode cap installed into my brain on Monday and they wanted to make sure I will have something so they can try to figure out how to fix the electrodes inside me noggin' that are mis-firing or taking unauthorized breaks. It is the kind of cap that I wear everywhere I go (obviously since it is wired into my head). I may have to wear a sun bonnet or something when I mow the lawn; I will look like Robo Gardener. Maybe I will change my name to Chappie for those few days and just move like a robot whenever I am outside.

It is already almost 10:30 so I had better get going. Tomorrow is Father's Day. Have a great day with your father, if you're a father or thinking about your father if he is gone or he is far away. Thank you for stopping by while I still have the occasional mental capabilities to operate at the 86% I have always operated at. TTTMonday...MITM Chappie out. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment