Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Professor Marvel Seems to be the Problem

This is the guy that I blame (he means well)
I am feeling pretty blue today. I have this stupid bag hanging around my neck with twenty wires (yes, I counted them) attached to various places on my head. For about the seventh time during this ordeal I felt like the Cowardly Lion getting primped to see The Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz yesterday. Pretty sure I have made that comparison about 13 times over the past couple of months. I had not had any spells since having my new hardware attached yesterday until this morning. I had a couple of small ones. I am happy for that. I have lots to do around the house and the yard today so I am hopeful that I will develop something for them to analyse. When I am more active (physically and/or mentally) I tend to have more issues so I am hopeful that I will have something for them to read so they can get to the bottom of what ails me. Actually, I am not sure what triggers them since I am mentally active (as much as I can be) about 99% of the time and I am doing something physically almost all the time except for when I am sleeping or recovering from spells.

I am pretty a caged bird today. It is nice having Fabio done with school because he can drive me places if I need to get out but, with this white badge of courage wrapped around my head, I don't care to go out much. I have been accused of always wanting to be the center of attention many times in my life but, as this demonstrates, that is untrue. This would be the perfect opportunity to be the center of everyone's attention wherever I went. What I really am is someone who likes to see people I like happy so, many times, I will do and say things in attempts to make people smile. I like to believe that most people enjoy seeing their friends and family (and strangers) smiling rather than frowning. I do know a few people who are not happy unless the people around them are unhappy but I cannot wrap my broken mind around that.

I am really starting to like Bernie Sanders (not an endorsement but he is trending with me).

I have no idea why this popped into my head but the MLB All-Star Game is coming up soon (July 14). I have always thought it was stupid to have the fans vote for the players who will be all-star each year. I guess it is kind of nice that baseball want to let the fans see who they want to see in this game but it really is just a popularity contest. Most people will vote for their favorite players rather than the players are performing better the season they are voting for. I believe baseball is the only sport that has the fans vote. I have found that most fans are morons (me included most of the time) and they are incapable of making these decisions. I would further think that, since the all-star game now decides which league has home field advantage in the World Series, they would want to control that a bit more.
Say it ain't so Pete, say it ain't so!
That reminds me - the All-Star game in in Cincinnati this year and they just found out (with evidence) that Pete Rose was betting on baseball while he was playing. He had always said that he only bet on games when he became a manager though it took 15 years to get that confession so I suppose "always" wasn't the appropriate word there. He should have just been honest right away and maybe it would all have been over by know. He is going to go through all of the same stuff that he went through when they first discovered he was betting. I had always heard and believed that he had never bet against a team he was playing on or coaching for but now I have to question everything. The records that were uncovered support that he only be on the Cincinnati Reds and never against a team he was playing on. As a yute he was one of my favorite players. I wonder if he will still be coaching in Normal, Illinois at that minor league game next month (Corn Belters)? If so, I bet it will be a media circus and tickets will be more difficult to get. I may not go to that game after-all. Say it ain't so Pete, say it ain't so!

I think I am gonna wrap this up. I am getting crabbier and crabbier by the minute. It is toward the end of the month and I am pretty sure I have not gone through that change yet so perhaps that is the problem. I would be okay if that is all that it is. Have a great day. I will try to be a little merrier tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment