Monday, June 22, 2015

There Are No Strings On Me (technically,they are wires)

Here is a photo of the doctor hooking-up my EEG earlier today
Today is the day that I got my mobile EEG thingy installed. Of course, I have wires attached to a battery-powered do-hickey that run into my head during the stormiest time of the season. Nay, the stormiest time since The Perfect Storm. If you remember that story, it didn't fare well for the crew of the Andrea Gail. What is the deal with everything being named Gail or Gale (Dorothy) in storm movies? I mean, I get the connection, but we don't need to be reminded that it's windy when there are twisters and/or hurricanes. We're Most of us are not morons. Just about every animal on the planet knows to avoid such disasters but we have to watch these training films? Most animals are smarter than many of us in many ways. Don't worry, I will get a photo or two of me with the wires coming out of my head. Maybe I am just worried that, for my MIDDLE-name, I was named after my Uncle Gale Gordon (yes, Mr. Mooney). Many times, when people find that I was hooked-up like Dr. Frankenstein and Gepetto's love-children, the first thing they ask is, "did you take any pictures?" Most of the time the answer is "yes."

I just read a story that a 16-year-old Colorado boy died of the plague on June 8th. I cannot believe we still have plagues in this country. I suppose what I have could be called a plague as it plagues me. The verb "plague" refers to something that continually causes distress or trouble so maybe I do have my own form of  a plague - to me it is THE Plague

I guess I am not alone in my admiration
I heard on the radio yesterday that Fox News called Pope Francis "the Catholic Church's Obama." To me that is a compliment. I am not Catholic but I think the Pope is a remarkably brilliant and passionate man. Just like a Pope should be to my way of thinking. I love that he is not afraid to spread the words of peace and love and harmony (all of those seemingly out-dated things we MIDDLErs and beyond were taught as children). I am a guy who still believes that "all you need is love." Obviously, we also need to: stay hydrated, have nourishment, breath oxygen... but I am a sap and I still believe in love and harmony and as much respect for one another as we can muster-up. I watch the birds in our yard and they all get along. Cats don't care about color or countries of origin. Most dogs seem to like every other dog as well as liking (and licking) most people no MATTer their: color or country of origin or size or gender or political leaning or social status... Of course, there are occasional exception to this rule I just invented. Speaking of rules, I suppose I am breaking the rule of not talking about race or religion but rules are made to be broken. I wish Fox News would follow that rule.

The Whole30 is over and I notice that it really has changed my habits. I made it the entire 30 days. Last night we stopped at Steak N Shake (drive-thru). I ordered only a double steak burger with only lettuce, onion and tomato; I was going to eat throw out the bun. Got home and it was a double CHEESEburger with mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and no tomato or onion. The guy repeated the order to me and it was almost EXACTLY the opposite of what I ordered. So, Fabio had two burgers last night. This morning I could eat anything I wanted to eat and I had: a banana, an apple and a few nuts. The other day I ordered an iced tea in a restaurant and, unbeknownst to me, the waitress gave me a sweet tea (I thought that was just done in the southern portion of this country). I took one sip and felt like I had just had a sip of a cotton candy and maple syrup colada with a honey sidecar. It really has changed my thoughts and taste buds. My intention, of course,

I saw Gone Girl last night (HBO). Cha Cha had seen it in the theater and told me that she thought I would like it so, I watched it. She was right I did like it. I am hot and cold with Ben Affleck (more time cold than hot) but he was pretty good in this. Rosamund Pike (as the title character) was really amazing in this movie. Tyler Perry, however, was my favorite part of the film. I am usually really good at figuring-out endings of this kind of movie but this one made me think. That could be my mental mis-firings but this one had me guessing all the way until the end. I liked the ending but think I would have done it just a bit differently
As I slowly became invisible I wrapped from the top down
It is 15:10 now am back from having my brain wired. I only have to have these 20 or so wires glued to my brain and my chest. Only one is stuck to my chest and that one doesn't bother me at all. However, that is the one that will probably hurt the most when it comes off in 48 hours because they didn't shave my chest. The ones on my head are kind of hot-glued so they will just heat the glue and they will come right off. The one on my chest will just be yanked out; thanks Obama! Thank you to Cha Cha too for driving me in and out. I like a little of the old in-out-in-out better when someone is with me.

Alright, that is enough excitement for me for today. I think I will be able to blog again tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. The doctor said I can wear a baseball cap or something over my bandage/ head wrap So I am going to put a few ideas together and put them up on Facebook in a few minutes. If you want to tell me which one(s) you like best or offer some other suggestions I would really appreciate it. I wish in were October because then I would just be a mummy or really go with the Invisible Man idea. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment