Monday, June 8, 2015

Be It Ever So Humble...

I have not blogged in almost a week. I hope I remember what I am doing. Everything was pretty much the same every day in the hospital other than coming home. "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." Can you believe that was written for an opera in 1823? I am sure the sentiment goes back to the beginning of time and will go to the end of time. There truly is no place like home.

When they sent me home from the hospital last week they wanted to wire me up so they could keep recording my brain-waves. I had to put the kibosh on that because Fabio graduated from high school and I was not going to embarrass him my looking like one of Dr. Frankenstein's projects. So, I am supposed to go back and get rewired and come back home. I told them today would be a good day but, the hospital set it up for this coming Friday. Friday Cha Cha and I are going to see Splenda so that won't work. I have found that most doctors (about 68% by my study) don't really listen nor do they really care about the patient's opinions. I realize most of them are incredibly busy (at least that is the perception). It seems to me that the nurses are the ones who are really busy. It is almost like the doctor is like a pimp and the nurses are all making him/her rich. If things get out of control he/she will pitch in but, for the most part they do the heavy lifting and make sure everybody stays in line. I now that is a gross generalization but, remember, my mind is on the fritz. I am gonna use that defense as long as I can in order to speak my... So, if I do not hear from them today. I will call and tell them that I will not be there Friday and see if we can set it up for Monday or after. That is all I am going to write about my one-track mind today.

So, now all of Cha Cha and my children are graduated out of high school. Pretty soon this house is going to be way too big (it already is in many ways). Since we live in a college town maybe we can become a bed and breakfast for people visiting their kids. I am sure there are rules against that in our subdivision so maybe we will just always have "relatives" staying over on weekends.

After the graduation we had: my parents, my brother who is here from Hawaii, Jill's brother and our sister-in-law and Jill's sister over for lunch. It was a great day. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed the nice day. My life has slowed-down to where it should be instead of always going every direction all the time. There really is something wrong with we Americans' wiring. Maybe it is taking my wiring to go wrong to get my wiring back right. They say that our bodies will tell us when we are pushing too hard. THEY know everything don't THEY? Most of the times we just ignore those messages though.
It won't be long before the NFL is back too

It is a nice time of year for sports for me. The Chicago Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup Finals. The St. Louis Cardinals are having a great season. I don't really have a dog in the race but the NBA Championship is a lot of fun to watch. I am gonna try to get to a ballgame or two this summer. Maybe my buddy Greg and I will go see the Cubs in St. Louis (he is a Cubs' fan). The Cardinals (like almost every other sports team in the world) allow the opposing fans to show their colors. I would even be happy to go to Milwaukee and see whomever they play. I just love the smells and the sounds... at a ballgame.

I cannot believe I don't have to mow the lawn yet. It seems like every Monday has been lawn mowing day. It has probably been because most weekends it has been raining but this weekend we put it on hold for Fabio's graduation. His graduation party is at the end of the month and I hope the weather is as nice then.

I have to wrap this up; I have lots to do around the house. I have started several projects and most of them are completed but there have been necessary interruptions that have slowed things down. I should be able to finish the basement today. It has just become a dumping ground (the whole "out of sight out of mind" effect) and I have been working on it for a few weeks. I just wanted you to know that I am still alive and still intend to blog. Thanks for being patient with the patient. Thank you for stopping by today; I will always appreciate that. Have a great day. There is talk of rain later today which makes sense, of course. Maybe I will get to mow tomorrow? TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment