Friday, June 19, 2015

As Soon as I Realize that I am Remarkably Flawed I will Be Perfect

I would rather have the world we don't deserve I think
It looks like it a free HBO - Cinemax weekend. At least it is here with DirecTv. I am not sure if these things are free to everyone with cable television and satellite television or just to certain providers while they do system maintenance and such. I always feel kinda ripped-off a bit when this happens. We subscribe to HBO so we just get the free Skinomax for the weekend. I prefer the free Showtime, The Movie Channel, Staz and Encore weekends.I have already scrolled through the weekend schedule and set-up recordings for the shows / movies that seem good.

Today is Friday for many of you and I am so excited for you. It looks like it is going to be a dry day. I think I will give it half of the day and then I will finally mow the backyard. I would not be surprised if it will still be slightly moist then but it is kinda getting to look foresty back there.

It just came to me why there is a free HBO weekend this weekend (well, Cha Cha said it - that is how it came to me). The new season of True Detective begins premiers Sunday. That is the reason we originally got HBO. It was the first season of True Detective (with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson) and it just so happened that we were staying in hotels with HBO when the first two episodes aired. We both like Matt and Woody (I know there is a great joke there but I will leave that to you) so we watched them and we were instantly hooked. The new ones have Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn as the detectives. It also has Rachel McAdams, David Morse, Rick Springfield and Lolita Davidovitch to name some people we know. I have a difficult time believing it will be as good as season one but I will check it out for a week or two before I make that decision. I have a feeling, based on just past things that he has been in, that David Morse will either be a killer or a tough-nosed superior at the police department of Farrell and Vaughn. Or, maybe both?

As soon as I realize that I am remarkably flawed I will be perfect. I don't know why that just came to me but I found it amusing and accurate so I just typed it.

When we were down in southern Illinois last weekend I totally saw what is meant by "the lights are on but nobody's home." Many people down that way have something weird with their eyes and facial expressions. Their eyes seem all droopy and their mouths are hanging open a lot (mouth breathers). I know many of us will do that mouth-breathing when we exercise or when our noses are stuffed-up but many of these people have those looks permanently frozen to their faces. It really made me think that they have five watt bulbs screwed into their sockets that were meant for search lights. It has nothing to do with anything but the look they have. I am sure there are many rocket scientists down that way. Most of the American rockets we have launched have flown from Florida and Texas so the southerners are not dim. Maybe I am just tap-dancing?

Okay, I have to take my mouth-breathing head outside and mow the backyard. Have a nice sunny day. I will probably blog tomorrow and maybe I will be nicer. I feel like I may have blogged while crabby and that is probably not a good practice. Thanks for letting me spew. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment