Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Oh George, Not the Livestock!

It looks like I will not be able to mow the backyard for yet another day. Yesterday I mowed the front but the back was still very wet. Now the sky is dark and, tut tut, it looks like rain. I have plenty to do inside the house so maybe this is the cosmos deciding my priorities for the day. The television just went all black except for the words telling me that it is searching for a signal on the satellite... Exhibit B for why I will be working indoors today.

I have been off of the medicine that supposedly controls my spells for about 24 hours (the doctor calls them seizures but I am still not sure if that is the appropriate term for them). The doctor calls them seizures but I call them sling blades. The definition of a seizure is, "a sudden attack of illness, especially a stroke or an epileptic fit." I guess there is a slimly vague similarity there. Mine are not all that sudden. I had been having some signs leading up to them but, when I was passing-out, that part did sneak-up on me.

Now it is raining like Hades outside. Some people call it Hell, I call it Hades. Maybe I will get done writing this and just go back to bed. I always think that but it rarely occurs.

While we were driving down and back from the bottom of our state last week I could not help thinking about the film O Brother, Where Art Thou. Not that most of the people we encountered were similar to most of the people in that movie but we passed herds of cattle (or cows if you prefer) over and over again. Every time we passed cows I said this line. I like cows so I didn't say the first part but the part about the livestock I said over and over. I think Cha Cha got tired of it so, by the end, I was just saying it to myself. I love that movie.


I am sad to say that I am almost out of Lara Bars and I am totally out of coconut water. I only have five more days left on the Whole30 diet. I have done very well on it. I lost a bit of weight at the beginning but that leveled-off. It is not a weight-loss diet so that was just a benefit I guess. I am not sure what I am supposed to do after my thirty-day sentence is up; I didn't get that far in the book. I suppose I should read that part pretty soon.

The upcoming Presidential election is already driving me crazy (just a quick drive to the store). There are so many wing-nuts (most of them right wing-nuts) coming out of the wood-work. I already have my vote narrowed-down to two people. I will tell you this - I would not vote for Donald Trump for all of his money, Hawaii having its name changed to The Matt Helser Islands and a guaranteed golden chair next to the holy ghost in Heaven. I suppose he just runs to hide some of his money inside of his political campaign. I cannot believe some of the things that come out of his head holes.

While we were staying in the cabin in Southern Illinois last week I had an incredible urge in the MIDDLE of the night to check outside. I had brought my flashlight with 100,000,000,000 candle power with me. I opened the door to the outside and shined the light to the open field surrounded by forest across the road from the cabin. I immediately saw a pair of eyes reflecting back at me at two o'clock. I scanned a bit to the left and saw another pair of eyes at 12:30 then another pair at 11:00 and another at 9:30. There were four deer lying in the field staring at the house. They were like sentinels watching over us. Or, they were just deer lying in the field across for the cabin and, when they heard a door open in the quiet night, they focused their stares on the sound and were greeted by a light that could challenge the sun. I like to believe they were guarding us. I made sure they were all deer because I didn't need a chupacabra stalking us all night long. The deer made me feel like I was in the Seven Dwarfs' cottage. I think I would probably b:e Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy or Dopey (or a combo therewith).  I guess it would have been shorter to say "any dwarf other than: Bashful, Sneezy and Doc." The deer were gone by morning. Some other cool things were: feeding the dozens and dozens of turtles in the lake and watching the frogs about half the size of a pinkie toe nail hop in the weeds. I cannot even count how many deer we saw through-out the weekend.

Getting the new tires for the Fiat today. Decided to go with Illini Tire. They are: the closest to home, their price was the lowest, the turn-around was quickest and the tires are Firestone tires rather than some no-name brand. Even someone as addle-brained as I could do that math. With all of the rain we are having of late I think treads on the tires with the wet roads might be a good idea. It is good that the decision came down to value, quality, convenience and safety. Things don't usually work-out that way.

I have some things to get done because tomorrow begins another week-and-a-half of medical fun. Thanks a lot for stopping-by. Try to stay relatively dry; most is okay but being drenched is not as much fun. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment