Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blog, Blog, Blog - say it three times!

Hey, I finally have WiFi so I can blog. I am using the mobile hotspot on my phone. I can use my phone and my computer but I cannot have them plugged in while I am on the bed (where I still am now) I will move to the chair later so I can stay online more today.

Last night Cha Cha and my good buddy Mike Szot stopped by to visit me. I know I am not much to look at on my best day but I give them both credit for staying so long visiting with the love-child of Beetlejuice (or Beetlegeise if your a traditionalist) and Farina.

I have not had any activity on the EEG monitor I have been hooked-up to for nearly 24-hours straight so, I am staying at least another 24-hours. The doctor says it is not unusual for nothing to show while people stay but, if there is an issue, it is very helpful to figure out what is going on if there is activity. So, I am hoping for a seizure as odd as that sounds. I have a feeling that I still have some seizure medicine in my system and, once that works itself out, there mat be more seismic activity.
I was a huge fan of Farina (he and Weezer were my favorite rascals)

When we got here yesterday they had no orders for me to have the EEG. Fortunately, they had beds available and the doctor showed-up and wrote-up the orders. It took longer than it should have to get checked-in but, at least they fixed their screw-up. I still have not heard about my sleep study so, after I get done writing this (if my phone is not dead) I may call to see if they have decided to work on that yet.

Just a bit ago my phone rang and there was an 815 number (the area code, among many place, of our town) that I did not recognize. My nurse was in here and she said "go ahead and answer it if you want." I answered and the guy said something like. "Mr. Helser do you have a few minutes talk?" I asked him if this was a sales call. He said that it was not so I said "sure." Then he said. "I am (so-and-so) an my company is currently doing inspections for hail damage on Grange Court in your town..." I interrupted and said "and this is a sales call!" He asked, "how is that a sales..." then he heard nothing. I really miss the days when I could slam the received down so they would at least hear my exclamation mark. Had I not been sitting here with nothing to do I never would have even answered that call. I respect people who can make a living with phone sales and telemarketing. I don't like what they do but I admire that they can do that and I do realize it is a some-what effective way to push your wares. I do not like liars. And, worse yet, lie about their lies. If I knew it was not a call center or something like that I would call that number back in the MIDDLE of the night tonight. Maybe I will get fired-up enough and have a seizure.

My back is starting to hurt so I am going to call the nurse and see of I can move to the chair. I need help doing things like that for a few reasons. Firstly, I have more wires/strings attached to me than all the puppets on Howdy Doody and Thunderbirds combined. I used to love Thunderbirds as a kid.

Sorry, I was unable to blog yesterday and I think I have it figured-out well enough to blog again tomorrow (maybe even again today). Whether from here or home. Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and words - I am doing fine despite being slowly transformed into a mattrionette. Have a great day. Thank you, also for stopping by. TTTT (today or tomorrow)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment