Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stay Hydrated Friend!

It was really a chore to get them together since they are from different practices
I just got back from one of my team of doctors and took that test again where they flash lights at different speeds while I keep my eyes closed. The lights appear: in different places, at different speeds, with different motions and in different colors to see if they can make he have a spasm. I guess they just want to see how my brain reacts to the various stimuli. At the end they make me pant like a dog for a full two minutes. That is not as easy as you might think - two minutes straight with a quick pant. You just tried it didn't you? I always feel very young when I go into this office. There was a husband and wife that had an appointment the same time as me and, while we sat waiting for our names to be called, they were both sleeping. A noise would occur and they would wake-up for a second and then fall back asleep.

Before I left for the doctor I was watching my St. Louis Cardinals on ESPN. I just wrote "my St. Louis Cardinals" to see if I hated it as much when I said it as I do when people call their favorite team "my Chicago Cubs" or "my Blackhawks" or "my Bears..." I do hate it as much when I say it as when other people say it. If you were George Steinbrenner saying "my New York Yankees" I would probably not be bothered as much but I would think you a pompous ass. Anyway, it was the second or third inning when I left so I juts recorded it and I am watching it in the 5th inning now. It is still a scoreless game. I usually listen to the games with the AtBat App on my phone but I didn't even do that. I would rather watch the game after it is over (presumably) not knowing who won or is winning.
I have not seen the purple or yellow ones but have orange

I was watching the season finale of Silicon Valley on HBO the other night and I discovered that I am a bigger nerd than I realized. I drink coconut water about 80% of the time I am drinking something at home. My brand of choice is Vita Coco. I have been drinking that and water and occasionally iced tea exclusively while on the Whole30. I call them my juice boxes though. Anyway, I was watching Silicon Valley and they were drinking the same thing as me. It's a bit pricey but I am worth the extra money to stay tropically hydrated. I am sad the Silicon Valley is done for the season.

It is now the bottom of the 6th and still no score. I hope all of the scoring occurs in the tops of the innings.

If you are looking for a funny movie at the theater right now go see SPY.  I didn't like Melissa McCarthy that much for quite awhile even though she is from these MIDDLE parts but I have really come-around on her. She is a talented, physical comic and I like her a great deal now. Anyway, I laughed out loud three or four times during the movie and chuckled to myself many more. I did not really know much about the film before seeing it but I would not mind seeing it again. I recorded the movie Tammy off of HBO last night and I may watch that later.
I recommend this film for a laugh or two or three...

I have been working on some small house projects today. I assembled a couple of new chairs for the Tiki Room, I shackled a few areas that needed some spackling and I will sand and paint those areas later today. I need to do a few things in the garage to get ready for Fabio's graduation party in a couple of weeks. I need to mow the back yard but there is still some standing water out there from six days of rain. I did get the front yard mowed earlier this week so we don't look like hillbillies from the road. Thankfully, the backyard is totally fenced-in. I am going to take a break and watch some of this game because I feel a little of my "episode" symptoms creeping-up. I will chillax for a few and be back in what will seem like seconds to you. Unless I die or something, of course.

I need to take breaks more often because, while I was not here, Cardinals' right fielder Jason Heyward just hit a monster home run. The score is now 1-0 Cards. It is only the top of the 7th though. Shortly thereafter (bottom of the 7th) the Cards got in a jam with one out and bases loaded and the Twins grounded into an inning-ending double play. Don't you love getting details about a game that is already over? It ain't over til it's over for me to me.

Alright, I am going to do some sanding and painting. Have a great rest of a non-rainy day of you're in the MIDDLEwest. I hope you are having nice weather wherever you are. Thank you for coming by: you know I appreciate you mucho. TTTT...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment