Monday, May 2, 2011

The Non-Political Political Blog

Thanks for sending me this photo Greg!
It's Monday again but this time we are without Osama bin Laden. I know it's great that the world doesn't have to fear bin Laden anymore but I have always had a hard time accepting people celebrating death for some reason. I am always a supporter of the person running our country and I am a huge fan of our current President but I also have to ask myself "was officially confirming to the planet that bin Laden was dead timed perfectly last night?" With 15 minutes left to go in Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice Sunday night NBC broke in with the President's words about this incident. NBC spoke for 15 minutes before the President came on so I guess NBC could have waited but they always like to set everything up because it's not just good enough for the someone to speak because we are morons and couldn't figure out what they said if we didn't hear what they may say and then what they just said. Anyway, I had to go on-line to see who got voted off last night. Well played whoever masterminded that strategy. I just can't wait to hear all of the spin that will come from each side about this now.

Cha Cha, Nature Girl and MADYM leave for  San Francisco tomorrow. It's always great to fly when there is a Global Travel Alert in effect. I hope they have a great time; how could they not?

For not being very political it seems like this is becoming a political blog today. I saw a clip of President Obama on television this morning. It was a bit of his speech from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Dinner. I really just mention it because I wanted to include a photo of the slide that was shown while President Obama spoke talking about what the White House would look like if Trump becomes President. Trump commented that he thinks some of the remarks at the dinner were inappropriate but then went on to bash "comedian in chief" Seth Meyers saying, "I thought Seth Meyers, frankly, his delivery was not good. He’s a stutterer, and he really was having a hard time." But calling someone a stutterer is not inappropriate. I enjoy Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live and I don't recall Seth Meyers ever stuttering. I bet Charlie Sheen is loving that he can get away with whatever we wants right now because Trump is such a great lead blocker.

Cinco de Mayo is only a couple days away. Even though I am Irish I prefer this pretend holiday over the other pretend holiday St. Patrick's Day. Beer doesn't seem right being green but margaritas are perfectly at home being green. Though I used to love corned beef when I ate meat I still prefer Mexican food over Irish food. I don't know if I will be forced to denounce my heritage but I will take that chance. I always have the German side of me. Wait...German isn't that good for a vegetarian either. Bohemian?

I am not very inspired to blog today for some reason so I guess I am going to end here. Have a nice day in the MIDDLEwest without rain. Oh yeah, one quick thing from a bragging father - Fabio's team, which is made up of 7th and 8th-graders, beat a team of all high school freshmen last night and Fabio got the "win" on the mound. It's always easier to play when you go into a game without great expectations. Now I am done for real. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment