Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MITM...NASA Special Projects Division

Five days of Rice-A-Roni....HEAVEN!
Tuesday...why does it feel like a Wednesday?

Last night I worked until about 10:00PM at an awards banquet and then I drove Cha Cha to Batavia so she could stay at Casa De MADYM as they were getting up early to head to MIDDLEway Airport in Chicago to go to San Francisco. When I got home it was after 11:00 so I decided not to take my usual Benadryl since I had to get up early this morning. Not taking Benadryl guarantees me waking up early...3:30 again in this case (whine whine whine). When I woke up I hit the timer-dealy on the clock radio thinking maybe some music would put me back to sleep. It seemed to be working but THIS SONG came on the radio and changed everything. It wouldn't have meant anything but with MADYM, Nature Girl and Cha Cha heading to San Francisco it lit a fuse in my brain that couldn't be extinguished. If you think I am making this coincidence / cosmic anomaly up please contact WDEK in Dekalb, Illinois and have them verify what song was playing at that 3:43AM.

Last night at the awards banquet I watched everybody taking photos and decided that digital cameras have slowed us down. I know what your thinking..."you idiot, digital cameras speed things up." Yes, you would think that since we don't have to load and reload film anymore but now we will take photos twice as long because even our photographs have become a victim of our throw-away society. I love digit photography but that just occurred to me. We sure can share them quicker now though can't we?

So, Cha Cha is gone until Saturday. She has never been to California so this is huge for her; I am very excited for the three of them - they will have fun and drink a lot of wine in the Napa region (not the auto parts store, hopefully). I wonder if Sideways is on Netflix...I love that movie. She's been gone for hours so I guess it's time for me to just move on with my life. Where digital cameras have slowed us down airplanes pretty much make up about 12,789,782 times the time lost (that's a scientific fact maybe). Covered wagons were probably a real pain going over the Rocky Mountains and then across the desert. They would have been to Iowa by now by stagecoach instead of probably beginning their descent into Cali!
Blog and Podcast Division of NASA

I have been working on the Dirty Laundry podcast since very early this morning. I think I have the final edit done and I am going to listen to the show while I eat lunch and then I will be able to upload it to iTunes this afternoon. I will say it will be up by 2:00PM MIDDLEwest time or Noon San Francisco Treat Time. If you haven't listened to the podcast it's free on iTunes (Dirty Laundry Podcast) or you can click the link in the top right of this blog to take you to our Podomatic site.  People really seem to enjoy the show and we are literally world-wide. Thank you to all of you who keep returning to listen every week; I really appreciate it. I have been having problems uploading the show for the past few weeks (speed-wise) and I finally have that problem rectified. All of the laptops in the house were working fine with Wifi. The MAC, on which we produce the show, is hard-wired to the modem and that is the one I was having problems with. Even a moron like me could figure out that it was the cable so I changed the cable going from the computer to the modem and, what do you know, it loads very quickly again. I wonder if NASA is hiring....oh, I guess they aren't are they?

Well, I am going to make lunch and get the podcast up (TWSS) so I can go workout. I hope you have a great Tuesday that feels like a Wednesday. Thank you for making a boy feel loved by stopping by here like you do. TTTT (a Wednesday that will feel like a Thursday)...MITM (Audi 5000)

No comments:

Post a Comment