Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Big Companies Raise Prices but Blog is Still Free

It's Wednesday and I was correct yesterday - - - it does, in fact, feel like Thursday. Is that automatic when it feels like Wednesday on Tuesday? There has to be some point where it will feel like the day that it is again right? Maybe that's what Mondays are for because the weekend is the great equalizer.

MADYM, Nature Girl and Cha Cha arrived in San Francisco. Now California is even more like granola... (they are all nuts but I don't believe any of them are fruits though they are sharing a hotel room and a blogger can dream). I am happy that they are getting nice weather and having fun but to rub it in that I am Stuck In The MIDDLE With (most of) You (I haven't used that in awhile and every time I hear it I think of Stacee now) Cha Cha is sending photos to my phone of her fabulous time..

I thought about going to see Gilbert Gottfried at Zanies in St. Charles, Illinois this coming Friday night. I know that I said that I was ready to move on without Cha Cha but going to a comedy club by myself seems creepy to me. Maybe Gilbert would want to be on the Dirty Laundry Podcast. There hasn't been anything in his life that happened recently that would make him worth talking to has there? The AFLAC thing and the Japanese tsunami jokes are so last month. I have always thought he was funny; I sort of like irreverent humor though he does go a bit too far sometimes; he gets headlines for sure. Maybe I could go and make some friends with people and they would let me sit with them so I didn't look like a loser. Fabio has baseball practice so I would have to go to the later show. Cha Cha's only been gone for a day-and-a-half so I am not ready to jump into the dating scene yet after 30 years.

Enough of the bin Laden stuff already. Will somebody please do something nice and newsworthy so we can move on? I prefer good ju ju and this is definitely bad voodoo methinks.
Gas and Food = Higher Prices

Something that is different news but DOES NOT QUALIFY for good ju ju...I read that 10 big companies are raising their prices to us. That's great news for we Americans that are enjoying this wonderful economical crisis. These inflated prices don't even include the oil companies and their highest prices in history. Kraft and Smuckers have already raised their prices (that explains the price increase of Mio as Cha Cha and I discussed on this week's podcast - a podcast that is STILL FREE on iTunes). McDonald's and Procter and Gamble said they plan on passing their rising costs from suppliers onto their customers. Hershey announced a nearly 10% wholesale price increase in March. Kimberly Clark announced that they will raise training pants and Huggies prices by up to 7%. Southwest Airlines plans to raise ticket prices by $10 per ticket (but they have sunroofs to fix). Other companies that are raising prices include: Hanes (aren't they saving money by not using Charlie Sheen anymore?), Clorox (Glad bags going up by 10% - not so glad), Nike (NBA MVP Derek Rose wears Adidas), General Motors, Coca Cola and Johnson Controls (DieHard batteries...). Maybe it's time we get back to having gardens and washing diapers and drinking water and walking and riding our bikes and recycling and not caring about status symbols for our clothing... I initially looked at this as continued greed by big business but after writing this I think is may help save our planet and our health if we don't just give in and hand over our cash. Whose With Me? I need to bring back the Tidy Didy Diaper Service. The next thing you know and I'll have to start moonshinin'.

Well, that last rant made me run long (TWSS). I gotta go get my protein levels up (please do not insert joke here). I was at 60 today which is the lowest it can be to donate plasma so Jillian Michaels and I are gonna be spending a lot of time together (she's my type but I am fairly certain I am not hers). I am thinking I am gonna need that extra plasma money to buy adult Huggies here in a few years. Have a great Hump-Thursday and if you want to come out and see some DeKalb Phillies doubleheader baseball this afternoon/evening/night I'll save you a seat; maybe I'll call Gilbert Gottfried and he will wanna come on out. TTTT...MITM (out of everything except for free blogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment