Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pround to be an Ameican Traveler


That's the Spirit!

I have reached my destination in pretty good time and it is hotter than Hades here. Some people call it Hell I call it Hades. It was a good thing that it was hot at home yesterday so I got broken in a bit. I am not supposed to be able to check into the hotel for another hour but when I told them who I was and that I need to blog for you they checked me in early; they even gave me a coupon good for three free drinks. My hotel is on DeYoung Street - did you hear that MADYM?

While I was driving here I realized that I really love America. I already knew that but it was reenfoced time and again driving today. We really do take a lot of things for granted; at least I do. Travelling free and being able to go from state to state (most larger than many countries) and not having to produce papers to cross the borders. I didn't cross any in my 5 1/2 hour drive but I could have if I wanted to. We have the freedom to drive in vehicles that look like green refrigerator boxes if we want to. I also learned that I can control my own ego-system in my vehicle. I apparently like it very loud and 76 degrees fahrenheit exactly. Makes sense that I would like 76 degrees since I love America so much. I thought that maybe I was just settling for 76 because of the America thing but 75 was too cold and 77 was too stuffy - proud the be a 76'er.

When I began my trip south this morning I realized that most every time I head south I think of James Butler Hickock (Wild Bill). He was born in a little town just south of my MIDDLEwestern to. He is from Troy Grove, Illinois. They have a small monument in their town square but I would think they would build on that to bring some tourist money to Troy Grove. But then I look around and they have no place to buy anything so I guess the extra traffic would be a nuisance. Some enterprising young whipper-snapper should set up a lemonade stand and then get the traffic to head into town. If you lemonade it they will come.

The original Vin Diesel
I know this blog today is becoming more of a Frohmer's Travel Blog but that's what I did today so that's what I blog (life in the MIDDLE). I wrote in my book "how do animals survive in the wild without rear-view mirrors?" Whenever I pass a Kojak with a Kodak or a smokey in a plain brown wrapper I intantly look in my rear-view mirror to see if he is in pursuit of me so I can take evasive actions like firing flares or something. Animals would have a much better survival-rate if they knew that leopard was on their tail (literally).

I will probably blog earlier tomorrow because I think I will blog before I head out in the morning. If I don't that means I am either dead or I will blog you later in the day. Man, if I don't blog in the morning that will be a heck of a cliff-hanger (hopefully NOT literally). Have a nice Wedsnight and I will probably blog you tomorrow...the suspense builds. TTT????? MITM (out?)

No comments:

Post a Comment