Thursday, May 5, 2011

When I Grow Up I Wanna Be a Whirligig!

Happy Seis de Mayo Eve! I love Cinco de Mayo but it won't be the same without Cha Cha here; I may have to go have fish tacos alone later unless I can talk Fabio into going with me. How did I become a parent that asks my kids if they want to do something? I never had a choice. Maybe that's how I became a parent who asks my kids if they want to do something. I love when I can answer my own questions.

I've been a fairly busy boy today. I worked out early this morning. I had a job interview for a job that I don't really want but I am getting to the point where I will do anything I really don't want to do - thanks mom and dad. Then I stopped to pay and paid the water bill. Then I got home and put on a jacket, gloves and  "put my earbuds in" and mowed the lawn. Wearing a jacket and gloves to mow the lawn on Cinco de Mayo - thanks a lot for inventing Global Warming Al Gore! Now I am eating lunch and finally blogging for you. In an effort to get my protein high enough for tomorrow's big deplasmafication day I am having: a can of Bumble Bee Tuna (in water, of course), chopped dill pickle, onion and tomato, two teaspoons of low-fat Cinco de Mayo and ground black pepper (though it has several colors of peppercorns so I guess it's more like the EPCOT of ground peppers). DELISH!

It's days like these that I wish I were a whirligig! 

That's Fabio on the left
Since I am an equal opportunity blogger I have to tell you about Fabio's double-header last night. I figure I brag about him when his team does well so it's only fair I blog when it goes very badly. Firstly, I wore two jackets and gloves...stay in San Francisco Cha Cha, I will call you when Spring finally arrives in the MIDDLEwest. Fabio is the lead-off man and last night be batted fairly well. He got a couple (maybe 3 out of 6 at-bats) of solid hits last night and I think he scored two of the five runs we scored last night. The first game they lost 18-0 and the second game they lost 30-5. That's what happens when your lead-off man only gets up six times in two games. This is from a team that just beat a high school team a couple of days ago. A high school team that beat the team that beat us 48-5 last night. Baseball is a funny game - sometimes not too funny though.

I heard that President Obama decided not to release the photo of Osama bin Laden's dead body. I think that is a good decision. Why do we need to see that? It sounds like it is pretty gruesome. I haven't been watching much television but if it hasn't started already I imagine the television networks will start showing movies like G.I. Jane (Demi Moore) and Navy Seals (Charlie Sheen).  How does Charlie Sheen keep wrangling himself back into this blog? I just added Stripes into my instant queue a couple of weeks ago so maybe this is a good time to watch it. That's a fact Matt.

Alright, I have lots more to do so I had better get my whirligig a wigglin'. Have a nice Cinco de Mayo and if you're out by me let me know and maybe I'll meet you for a Mattgarita! TTT (seis de Mayo)...MITM (afuera).

No comments:

Post a Comment