Monday, May 23, 2011

Stairway to Heaven Lined with Utah Gold and Silver

I am not much of an Ethel Merman guy
Hello all of you Beyonces and Lucy Lius and Baby Dolls. You're definitely one of the three you just have to figure out which one you are. You can't go wrong with any of the three though. If you can't figure out which one you are send my a message and I will tell you which one you are. I think I am a Lucy Liu. As Lucy Liu as I am I don't think I could carry off a murban though. The murban is the new urban turban that Karl Lagerfeld is trying to peddle. I am thinking murban must come from Matt Turban maybe? Isn't that pretty much the urban sombrero? Seinfeld is more accurate than Nostradamus and Filbert (that dude that predicted The Rapture for a couple of days ago). Yet, here I blog still waiting for my Stairway To Heaven.

I heard that the goofball, Filbert, that predicted The Rapture for this past weekend has not been able to be reached to find out what went wrong. It seems that there were quite a few people that liquidated all of their worldly assets so they could give Filbert their money to advertise and spread the word. If this is truly the case isn't that fraud? How is that any different than selling snake oil? I feel for these people but in the same blogth wonder how somebody can be so gullible and naive.

Yesterday I worked another graduation; this time it was for West Aurora High School. When I worked the Northern Illinois University graduations last week I saw my old friend from my drum and bugle corps days Steve Evans who I hadn't seen in over thirty years. Yesterday I saw another friend from the drum and bugle corp days Randy Shoof. I have a couple more graduations that I am working in the next few weeks and I am wondering who else I will see from my past. That sure is a pretty cool fringe benefit. I think I may work inside a time machine vortex or something.

I'm sorry I didn't blog this weekend. It was kind of a crazy weekend with work and Fabio's baseball game. Also, Cha Cha's Aunt Louise died; I told you I would keep you update. We knew it was coming but it's still sad.

This morning I was back to my old tricks of waking up at 3:00AM. It worked out okay because we recorded this weeks podcast last night when I got off work and I got to get a lot of editing done before the sun came up. When the world doesn't end and offers you lemons make Molly Browns. I still have a lot more editing to do but it will be on iTunes tomorrow as usual...I will let you know when it's ready. Then, when it got light out and I wasn't worried about starting everyone else's mornings prematurely I made lunched, cleaned the kitchen, sanded and painted the mailbox, went over to Splenda's bike up from her work (she was forced to leave it there last night) and then I mowed the lawn. I've gotten a lot in before noon today.

My heart goes out to the people of Joplin, Missouri. The Red Cross is saying that 75% of Joplin was wiped out by the storm / tornadoes. There was also quite a bit of devastation in Minneapolis. I don't want to make light of the tragedies but here in Illinois cows were falling from the sky...literally and seriously. It seems a truck carrying cows took a ramp too quickly and tipped over on an overpass and his load of cows was being dumped onto the traffic going under him at Routes I-80 and I-294. Can you imagine knowing about all of this phony-bologna Rapture talk and see cows falling from the sky? I would totally have a cow man. This is what I get for not eating meat? I get crushed by a cow? Who was it that worshiped cows? The ancient Egyptians or was it in India? whoever it was  - they would have known it was The Rapture for certain.  I didn't hear that any people were hurt but some cows did die as you might imagine.  

Utah has legalized the use of gold and silver as currency. They have a gold and silver depository and you can give them your gold and silver and they will give you a sort of debit card where you can draw funds based on the value of the gold and silver in your account. I think that's a great idea. My friend Cornelius lives in Utah (Utah Cornelius). It sounds a lot more fair than those "we buy gold" places that have popped up everywhere to prey on the desperate. I wonder how many bottles of rum my class ring would be worth. I knew that ring would come in handy one day (no pun intended).

I had a lot of bloggin' in me after not blogging Saturday or Sunday it seems. Have a nice Post-Rapture; we're living on borrowed time now. It's like "bonus life" - use it wisely.  I am glad that you're still here and glad you came back here. I am gonna have some lunch now and get the podcast finished.  Good luck in your hideout Filbert. TTTT...MITM (un-Raptured). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment