Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Think My Karma is Leaking!

I know that a large number of the people who read this blog every day are ladies. I love the ladies and I hope that I do not offend any of you by blogging this but...I am really glad that Oprah is done. She always grated on my nerves for some reason. I think she was probably always trying to do the right thing but it sometimes didn't come across that way to me. A couple of weeks ago Cha Cha, Nature Girl and MADYM went to San Francisco. While there they toured some of the Napa and Sonoma wine regions. They were told a story, I believe by their tour driver, about Oprah going to an auction at Francis Ford Coppola's winery. There was an auction at the winery where all of the proceeds raised were going to go to charity. People showed up and were excited at the chance to bid on and win whatever they were auctioning off. I suppose it was some sorts of fancy wines or original scripts of The Godfather or a dream date with Sofia Coppola or those such things. Anyway, a representative of Oprah showed up and outbid everybody on everything and these people wasted their day getting outbid by a bully with endless money. I wish Bill Gates had gone there and outbid her on everything and then gave the stuff to the people who were the next highest bidders. I know Oprah probably thought it was a magnanimous thing to get lots of money for the charity but then she should have just donated money but there's not as much recognition in that. I know I am making some wide brush-stroke assumptions but that's the way I view it.Maybe it was a conspiracy - Francis Ford Copporah?

Weird Al Yankovic is coming to St. Charles, Illinois this coming Tuesday. He is going to be performing at The Arcada Theater downtown. I have made several attempts to reach him through various channels to be on the Dirty Laundry Podcast but so far I have been doing what I do best - failing. If anybody knows where he is staying or happens to be his limo driver and wants to let me ride along and interview him on-the-go that would be awesome. On-the-go interviews...maybe a new feature on Dirty Laundry. What else is he gonna be doing on Memorial Day?

There is a new show starting tomorrow on Channel 7 (WLS - TV) in Chicago called Windy City LIVE. That's the same station that Oprah started with her AM Chicago show that evolved into Oprah! They're gonna take Oprah's spot on the same station that Oprah was on and one of the hosts is Valerie Warner who disappeared for the WGN morning news about a month ago. Are they trying to catch lightning in a bottle in the same place with the same idea? Windy City Live already has nearly 3,000 "likers" on Facebook. That gives me quite a complex when we just did out 9th podcast and they're not even on yet and are kicking our bootay. I like Valerie Warner and hope the show does well. For someone who doesn't seem to like Oprah I sure do talk about her a lot - by the way, her MIDDLE name is Gail (weird huh?)

More weather-related destruction in the south and The MIDDLE yesterday. It doesn't look like it's gonna be a very good weather day today either. That Filbert dude has to be excited that there's so much going on so we forget about him bilking a lot of money out of a lot of people who probably couldn't afford it. I hope for the best for all of the people affected by the storms and infected by Filbert.

Does karma every really kick in or is that something that you have to wait for The Rapture to find out how much credit you have built up? I really would like to cash some of that stuff in. I am starting to think that karma is just something that "the haves" tell us "have-nots" exists so they can walk all over us. I am about to have a karma melt-down or eruption very soon.

Thank you for being here today; I really do appreciate that. I have noticed that the readership here has dwindled significantly lately so maybe I need to revamp the whole blog. Nah...it is what it is and I do it for me just as much as I do it for you. Gotta be karma-riffic to yourself too I think. Have a great Moist Hump Day (thanks Ed) - the sun peaked out just as I typed that...maybe that's my karma for the day :) TTTT...MITM (out?)
send em on there way cheerfully Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment