Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Blogger is on the Move Again!

Man, when is this warm weather gonna be over? Just kidding - I LOVE IT!

I heard that The Governator and Maria are "amicably" splitting up. I am surprised that they stayed together as long as they did. He's a die-hard Republican and she is a Kennedy. Who did they think they were James Carville and Mary Matalin? I think the last straw for Maria was probably when The Governator cartoon was announced. It's difficult enough to be married to Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator and The Running Man and Dutch in Predator but when he really becomes a cartoon that's gotta be the last straw for a Kennedy I imagine. Sweety, my family has suffered enough tragedy for this country I can't do this to them, hasta la visa baby!

I mentioned it on the podcast that is on iTunes now (started today) that I have been watching a soap opera on Netflix for the last couple of weeks while working-out. It's called Spartacus. It isn't really a soap opera in the sense that we know them but it really is exactly the same with LOTS more soap (sex) and LOTS more opera (blood and violence). If you're comfortable with blood and sex I highly recommend it. The violence is VERY graphic, which I consider awesome because I am sure that's the way the times were, and the sex is VERY steamy, which I consider even more awesome because that's the way I wish times were. Seriously, if you decide to watch it make sure the kids aren't around because they would love it long time but you'd have lots of esplainin' to do. I just finished episode six...don't tell me what happens. The plot is never very difficult to figure out, quite frankly, but it's fun to watch anyway.

I mowed the lawn today and mowed it diagonally. I do that quite often but this time I went the opposite diagonal direction than I did last week and it looks like a Major League Baseball field's outfield with the cross-stitching look. I didn't cut our family name into the lawn like they do for the MLB All-Star Game or anything just the regular checker-board pattern. I always mix up the direction I mow the yard because somewhere in my head I decided that it's better for the lawn to do it that way. There's a lot of things in my head that are probably not true but I know they're right so they're right.
Gnoming the highways very soon!

Tomorrow I go on a road trip alone. Cha Cha would probably call me a hobo (this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast reference). I love traveling. I don't care if it's in a  car, by train, by bicycle, by foot, by plane... I think that comes from being in drum and bugle corps as a kid. I would spend every summer traveling back and forth across the country with a lot of good friends who are still friends today (thanks Facebook). I enjoy traveling alone a lot of times too because I don't have to stop because "I'm hungry" or "I have to go to the bathroom..." I can make good time and if I get to where I am going and there's a problem with my hotel I wouldn't even mind sleeping in the car; it's better than the a smell gymnasium floor. I love meeting people and I love seeing new things and I love the unexpected (within reason). I would say I have more of a gypsy or a hippy spirit than that of a hobo. If Travelocity ever makes a movie about The Gnome I think I should play that little bearded dude.

I will try to blog tomorrow from day one's destination. Don't worry, I will be back in time to record next weeks Dirty Laundry with Cha Cha and this time I will be the travel reporter (this week she talks  about her San Francisco trip). Make sure you listen to this week's podcast...I really want to crack the top ten in our category this week and I need your help. If you haven't listened yet it's a free podcast on iTunes - just search Dirty Laundry Podcast on iTunes or click the link in the upper right corner of this blog page to listen now. Thanks for stopping here today and I will blog you again tomorrow from parts unknown. TTTT...MITM (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment