Saturday, May 2, 2015

Why? Having Fun?

Last night Cha Cha and I lived like hippies for the night. First we went to Tapa La Luna for tapas and then we went to the Tangier Hookah Lounge. It was a fun relaxing night. Tapa La Luna was very busy but there was a parking spot right on Lincoln Highway literally in front of the door. Cha Cha is not a very good parallel parker but, with the Fiat, she can almost always just pull in. As we walked in they asked if we had a reservation and we said we did not. Then they must have recognized us because the lady said, "boy are you lucky, we have a table right now." Lucky? Come-on baby, it's okay to admit that you recognize us and know we are good tippers. While we were sitting eating, a tall dude walked in with round sunglasses, a dye-dyed smock-looking shirt, one of those flat hats with with a bill and bell-bottom corduroys. I said the Cha Cha, "are we in a punk version of Laugh-In?" Sock it to me baby! I wasn't making fun; I LOVE when people express their individuality when it doesn't infringe on other people. Besides you don;t dress like that and not want to be noticed. Cha Cha said he looked like Howard Stern incognito. He was sitting LITERALLY right behind me (we were back-to-back) and I listened and he did not have Howard Stern's pipes. What would Howard Stern be doing in Dekalb, IL anyway? Do one of his daughters go to Northern Illinois University maybe?

After dinner we decided to go try the hookah lounge. There are two hookah places (that I know of) in our town. The one that has been around the longest is next to McDonald's in a strip mall area. That did not appeal to me at all so I never tried it though I have been curious. Curiosity killed the Matt - that will probably be a true statement one day and I think it would be funny if that were on my tombstone. I just now told Cha Cha that is what I want on my tombstone but now it is in published in writing so you can make sure she does it. I asked her if she'd do it and she giggled and said, "I don't know." We all know what that means. It's like when our moms told us "we'll see." So anyway, back to the hookah lounge - we decided to go to the Tangier and give it a shot and my chauffeur drove me there with my directions. I had seen it several months back while at work. It is in a building that used to house a State Farm Insurance. Just walking up to the building was weird; it was like a fun house. It looks really tall when you drive by but, when you get up to it, you can almost touch the roof (even for a MIDDLE-height 5'9" fella like me). Inside it seems regularly proportioned. So, the very nice young fellow explained to us how it worked and we decided to give it a shot. We could sit out in the main room or get our own private room with a door and our own television and control of everything. We chose the Fantasia Room. When I checked-in on Facebook I saw that two guys that I had coached in baseball had checked-in there too. Boy, that made me feel old. Cha Cha and I had a very relaxing, fun time. They have a sound bar on their television that will pick up your personal devises (some kids call it WiFi) so I played the Coldplay Pandora station. I think we may get a sound-bar for the house. They had food there too and they gave us some free but we had just had dinner so we didn't eat much. Just enough to be polite. I think we may go back to do some more hookah tonight if you're looking for something to do with two hip, hip cats.

Last night I slept really well and I remembered a dream. They say that we dream every night but don't always remember them. I rarely remember my dreams. I dreamt that I was in a house full of children. They had light brown skin and dark hair like maybe Asian or Middle-Eastern children. It seemed to have been my task to keep these youngsters entertained and calm while a war was going on outside. Soldiers (apparently whatever our side was) would come through with crates of weapons and ammunition and such and the children would become agitated when the men (presumably their fathers) would go outside to fight. I felt happy that I was calming the children but stressed with the surroundings. Then I slept all the way until 0634. I do not think I woke-up one time throughout the night. I have not slept for more than five hours in a row since I cannot even remember. Weirder still - Cha Cha drempt about the being in a war zone ("end of days" she called it). "Everyone was distraught and there was chaos everywhere," she said. Strange that we would have similar dreams when I never even dream.

I think I started to have another of my spells again this morning. That is three in two days. I was able to control it through my breathing but it bothers me that I may be having seizures again. Whatever happens happens. Jill said "wouldn't it be great if we found that hookah cured what was wrong with both of us?" Yes, that would be great. Then we could get a hookah pipe and insurance would pay for it. I know it sure did make us both relaxed. If we go back we are gonna try a different "flavor." They have what seems to be hundreds to choose from.

There is a squirrel in one of the trees outside of the Tiki Room and Jeff is going crazy. And, to make it worse, the squirrel is throwing peanut shells at him from the tree. It is hilarious. Remember I told you (and posted the photo) about the baby owl and the ducklings in the pond in our subdivision? Cha Cha says that there is a nest full of baby robins on the side of our garage above the downspout. I know there was a nest there but didn't know there were baby robins in there. We will probably add a new feeder over there so she doesn't have to come all the way to the feeder on the other side of the Tiki Room. I think Cha Cha and I may go birding tomorrow.We need to get in good walking shape for our trip. Losing my mind seems to have been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. The Scarecrow never really knew how lucky he had it.
I am thinking something along these lines so we can play Quarters or the Bozo Bucket Game
It is only eight hours until the Kentucky Derby begins and I am not even close to having my hat bonnet ready. I am picking Carpe Diem to win but I would just bet him across the board to be safe if I were you. He is a colt so he is uncastrated; that's a big deal to us fellas and we usually perform better because of this.

Am going to get dressed now and head outside to help Cha Cha in the yard. I think we will head to Lowe's or Menard's because that is a big part of "working in the yard" to her. I am just the big, dumb lunkhead muscle but I am okay with that. At least I am aware of my purpose in life. The world needs lunkheads too. I hope you are having the nice weather that is already here in my small part of the MIDDLEwest this morning. Thank you for spending part of your weekend with me. Maybe we will see you at the hookah lounge tonight or wherever we decide to go birding tomorrow. Ta Ta until the next time I "see" you...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment