Monday, May 4, 2015

Getting Back to Nature

I cannot afford to lose any more pieces to my puzzle
Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you!

Please do not be insulted if I do not answer an email you send me. I am getting lots of emails saying they are from my Facebook friends but, before I open them, I check the return email address and they are spams trying to sell products. Beware!

So, it turns out that the Center For Disease Control (the CDC) says smoking hookah is not as safe as Jill and I had been lead to believe it was; we will probably not be doing that again. We can't have anything nice! I guess I need to finally break-down and start smoking the ganja. It seems like they are really pushing for mentical medical marijuana to be legalized here in Illinois and, me having my current issues, I am almost certain to qualify. So, I will wait because, for the most part (more than 50% anyway), I am a rule-follower. Yesterday I had three whatevers (spells, mini-seizures...). I have been able to stop whatever I am doing and control them with my mind and my breathing. I am convinced that, had I not taught myself to harness these things I would have gotten worse and passed-out again. Maybe the doctor putting life-limitations on me was a wise decision. Those neurologist and their showing-off. Cha Cha says I should call the neurologist and she is usually right about these sorts of things so I may do that today. I am forgetting things more-and-more but they are still fairly inconsequential things. Maybe this is just my mind doing a little spring cleaning.

Cha Cha and I did a lot of yard work this weekend. I dug a lot of  trenches around the flower beds in the front. Cha Cha calls it edging but it is really trenching or digging moats. I planted some sod in an area where Cha Cha was trying to do a mini patio extension.  I was really angered by having to buy black dirt for beneath the sod. If you dig down just a few inches into the black dirt in the yard it is all clay. I know that I have complained about it here before and, I know I will complain about it again, BUT I hate the fact that they stripped all of the black dirt from our yards when they built our homes. There is still a huge mountain of black dirt near the back of our subdivision that dump trucks and bombers occasionally come and load-up. I would have gone back an stole my own dirt back had I had a pick-up truck. Am I the only one who feels bad about moving worms from their homes and families when I did up grass and sod? I put human qualities and traits on just about every living creature and many inanimate objects. That is sad since they are probably a lot nicer than we are.
This is the robin nesting in our fence

So, instead of hookah-ing Saturday night now that we know it will kill us, we worked in the yard all morning Sunday and then went birding in Oregon at Lowden State Park. Lowden State Park is the home, as many of you from the MIDDLEwest are aware, of the 50 foot tall statue of Chief Blackhawk of the Sauk Tribe (native American tribe). He was born in Sauk, Illinois. He was also known as Black Sparrow Hawk. This statue is a tribute to all Native Americans. We did not see too many birds but we heard quite a few. We saw geese, no big surprise and we saw the usual robins, sparrows... The one big surprise was we did see three pelicans standing on a mini island of rocks just below the damn dam. We have a baby robin in a nest on the side of our house in the fence and a baby dove in a nest above the front porch so we could have just stayed home and seen almost as many birds. We thought we were guaranteed to see a Blackhawk (the Chief) but we didn't even get to see him even though we were standing at his feet. He was wrapped in a green shroud getting repaired or a haircut or something. It looked like a giant green port-a-potty or a changing booth at a clothing store. Whatever he was doing he did not come out. Maybe he was voting?

Chief Blackhawk if all his splendor and glory
On the way there and on the way back we drove thought the area that was hit by the big tornadoes a month or so ago. As we approached we saw a huge fire which was higher than our two-story home. It was a huge pile of trees and other things that were thrown to the ground by the twisters. I cannot imagine the horror for these poor people. There were some homes and farms about only a quarter mile away and the people who lived there must have been out-of-their minds with fear. You can see the exact path the tornado tool as it headed northeast destroying everything it its path. It really makes me feel like an idiot complaining about small things. Fortunately, the injuries and fatalities (one) were very low given the devastation. When I see this and think of that guy who was looting after the fact I hope there is a special place in Hades for him.

Alright, it isn't raining right now so I think I am going to start unloading and spreading mulch. If it starts raining I will continue mulching because I want to get that job done. I will have to be careful if it does rain because the mulch is being "installed" on the other side of the moat though I am a pretty good swimmer as I recall. Thank you for stopping-by today. I hope it is a nice day where you are. Ha, just as I types that the sun peaked through the clouds. That is another word that doesn't seem correct - peaked. Poked means something else/ No wonder they say that English is one of the most difficult languages to learn. Okay, enough. Have a great day and I will blog at you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment