Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Maybe Santa Claus Spreads Illnesses?

Santa even looks like him doesn't he?
I am doing a lot of reading lately for many reasons. I am trying to keep my brain active despite what its plans are. We are at war and he doesn't know who he's messing with. I am not sure if that was me typing for me or me typing for him but he doesn't know who he's messing with. Anyway, I was reading about Wenceslaus I, who was the duke of Bohemia. He was assassinated in 935 in a plot that was said to have been planned by his brother Boleslav the Cruel, Why would they suspect someone named Boleslav the Cruel. He sounds like a nice guy if you ask me. Because of this, however, Wenceslaus was made the patron saint of the Czech state, posthumously made a king and had a Christmas song written about him. He was born in Prague. Some say that Santa Claus was based on King Wenceslaus (his name almost ends in Claus I see now that I type them together and Santa means Saint is Latin). I say Wenceslaus is Santa Claus - enough blogged about that! Case closed.

Yesterday I went to see one of my neurologists. Right now, until next week, he is my only neurologist at which time I will have two. I like the current guy but I have been advised by several people, including my primary physician, to get a second opinion. I am fairly certain my current guy is correct on most things considering my passing-out, my "spells" I call them, and my forgetting so many things. I am amazed by what I do remember and I am saddened by the things that I cannot remember. Anyway, I am on two new medicines. One is an anti-depressant and one is to help me sleep through the night. He also mentioned something about me not being able to work nights anymore. I have been wanting that to happen for over three years but I did not want it bad enough to get it this way. I do not see how he can make that happen but, godspeed Dr.Ta, godspeed. He was pretty emphatic that I cannot work nights though. We will see what the other neurologist says.
I don't believe DNA changing has anything to do with it
I just got done mowing the lawn. What a beautiful day it is outside right now. I wish the farmer's markets had started in town. I guess it wouldn't MATTer because they are on Thursdays in my town. I think, when they start, Jeff and I may go down there every now and then. He still gets a bit excited around a lot of people though so I will have to think really hard about that. He is just a very sociable.

The geniuses in the world just figured out why we get sicker in the cold month than we do in the warmer months and I think they are wrong. They say that our DNA changes in the winter which change our immune systems which activates our inflammation-associated genes. You don't think that, with our houses and offices and vehicles sealed-up make it so we cannot escape the germs of others and we just pass the illnesses around all winter long? Stupid geniuses!

Like colds and illnesses I think less people read blogs too so I think blog readership is down. I am okay with that. I just write to write and, more recently, so I can reference it when I forget things (often). After my doctor appointment yesterday we went to Walgreen's to pick up my two prescriptions. They only had one of them (the one to let me sleep all night long) but they did not have the other one. They even called the neighboring town (Sycamore) and they did not have this one either. They said they would have it Thursday but, I just now got a call from their robot that it is ready. I cannot even remember what this medication is for. I should have blogged about it last night so I could remember I guess.

Remember that I wrote about there being a vote to decide which woman to put on the twenty dollar bill? Well, Harriet Tubman won the vote. I have always been a big fan of hers since seeing the movie about her; I think it was called A Woman Called Moses. I saw it on the 3:30 Movie back in the day; it was on right after school. Now the people making this push just have to convince the Department of the Treasury to get Andy Jackson off and Ms. Tubman on the bill. Why don't they just add a $25 or a $15 bill or something? We have a $2. I think a $15 or $25 would be more useful.

Okay, this is long enough. Thanks for letting me prattle. Have a great day. I hope your weather is as good as what we are having here right now. If it isn't, come on over. I am happy to share. TTTT...MITM out (TA).

No comments:

Post a Comment