Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Way Back Wednesday of Throwback Thursday Eve?

One of the great things about losing my mind, more specifically my memory, is that I can watch movies that I have seen before and not remember that I had, supposedly and allegedly, seen them. Fabio drove me to see the new film Avengers: Age of Ultron movie. He had seen it but wanted to see it in IMAX so, we went to Batavia. I think he wanted me to go because I knew how to get there (unless I forgot before we got there) and I would pay. Someone had recorded the first Avengers movie here on the television so I watched it while I folded clothes and cleaned the kitchen. When Fabio got home from school I told him that I watched the first movie and said that I wanted to be up-to-speed before we watch the new one because I hadn't seen the first one. He said, "what are you talking about? You took me to see it." I do not remember that at all but it does not seem like he is messing with me. The movie was okay and, from what he said, I had the same opinion the first time. He said that I had said it needed more Hulk hitting people. The new one is much better but, in fairness, we did see it in 3-D and IMAX. And, Hulk still needed to hit more people. I heard there is a good film called It's a Wonderful Life. Maybe I will watch that one again and see what all the hoopla is about.

I woke up at 03:02 Monday, 03:06 yesterday and today I was awake at 03:10. At least it is getting later and later. The people working at my sleep study next week are going to get to go home early that shift. I imagine I will not be the only one having a sleep study that night but, if I am, the staff can take naps after I leave on my insurance company's dime. I imagine it will cost a lot more than a dime though.

Every morning, since it is quiet in the world then, I hear at least one frog in our back yard chirping. I say chirping because it is not like a bullfrog croak but more like crickets. It is easier to hear in the early morning, right at dawn, because the rest of the world is not making any noise yet. Then, when everybody is about there business at school or at work or wherever everybody goes while I am trapped, I hear the frogs croaking again. It is a very pleasant and hypnotic sound.
Happy Way-Back Wednesday Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Today I am going to work on getting the new mixing board integrated into the podcast. It is ironic (not sure if it is true irony or just unfortunate) that we haven't done a show during the time when we actually have a lot to talk about - mainly our medical issues. Once I get the thing up properly and working I will have to take a video or a picture of everything so I can have a fall-back on how to get it hooked-up every time.

So now there is Way-back Wednesday on Facebook? I was okay with Throwback Thursday but every day is going to be a blast-from-the-past. Isn't everything in photographs, by nature and physics, in the past? What's next? Send back Sunday, Many Days Ago Monday, Time Travel Tuesday, Way-back Wednesday (apparently in place), Throwback Thursday (already in place), Forgotten Friday and Seems Like Old Times Saturday. Even those last five sentences are in the past now. But, if you read them again are they in the future again and they cannot qualify to in the past? I guess they are good for people who are memory-challenged and, as one of the newer member and self-appointed spokesperson, we do appreciate it but why do these days all have to get there own marketing-style names?

All of my favorite sports teams are doing well right now. The Chicago Blackhawks, The Chicago Bulls and The St. Louis Cardinals are all doing well. Maybe that is fate and destiny's ways of giving me a good mental send-off.
My hometown of sorts
Yesterday they finally asked for our passport information for our cruise. I am so excited for the cruise. I have wanted to go back to Heidelberg, Germany since I left shortly after my birth. Is our hometown where we live currently or where we came from? I think the word "home" implies where we live right? Or is that our housetown? I cannot believe that we got one of only two Explorer Suites on the ship. Jill had mentioned something to the travel agent about me having "medical issues" and we are trying to get some bucket list stuff done. I think he thinks that I am dying instead of just my brain dying so he tried really hard to get us something great. He got us almost everything we wanted for less money than we thought we would pay. And, other than the staff, we will most assuredly be the youngest people on the ship. That means, if we have a Titanic situation, they will probably get us on the lifeboats first because we are still "young" and have children who still need us. Or, they will have me help get people to the lifeboats and go down with the ship, either way is fine with me.

Time to get onto my duties around the house and, hopefully, getting the podcast going again.. Thank you for reading my babbling. Have a great day. Supposedly, will be nice in these here parts. It sure is overcast and a bit chilly right now though. The weather, just like anything, is what we make of it. Thankfully, I like most forms of weather. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment