Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Just Some of the Usual Twiddle-Twaddle

I heard a new phrase that I want to use and I know I will forget it so I have to put it here. The phrase is twiddle-twaddle. As far as I can ascertain it means unnecessary or meaningless talk. Kind of like gibberish or jibber-jabber. It might be something like B.S. of poppycock or bologna (or baloney if you prefer). I think twiddle-twaddle is more of a European word/phrase - I heard it on the Showtime series Outlander on the free preview weekend. I know I will have a hard time working that into my every day vernacular; at least I used it in a blog title.

I was off of Facebook all day yesterday; I was not on one time all day or night. I apologize if I slighted anyone or missed a birthday or didn't make my move in Words With Friends in a timely manner. As I am convalescing (or whatever it is that I am doing) I have gotten into some bad habits and have to change my ways a bit so I do not become a couch potato. I can see how that can easily happen. I think, in my case, I had been spending a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and that has come to an end. I imagine it is normal in some cases but, as far as I know for now, I am doing well. Maybe it is just that I am tired of my own company.

Yesterday I did a lot of house cleaning and laundry. I even started taking some of the wallpaper off the walls in the laundry room. I would say that I am about half-way done with that and will finish that when I am done writing this. Tomorrow is one of my two remaining doctors' appointments. I am hoping they will find that I am as fit as a fiddle and I will be cleared to be whatever level of normal I was before this all began. Most of my time has been doing what these medical clinics should be doing for me. I get calls about one clinic not sending the authorizations or test results... to the next clinic and things like that. Why can't they just call one another? One yesterday said, "we received the authorization/referral for treatment but we did not get the test results..." So figgin' call them. You know that I have approved them to speak on my behalf in this regard since they sent the referral. Then, Friday night, is my next (and hopefully last) procedure.

Remember when I told you about my childhood friend Mike D. more than a months ago and how his wife Gerri had been hit by a car and was fighting for her life. I solicited your good thoughts and prayers? While I was off of Facebook yesterday it was posted that she had passed-away. The whole thing sounded a lot like when Jill was in the hospitals in November and December. Based on our happy ending I had a great feeling that Mike and Gerri's story would have a joyful ending too. I am so very sad that it did not. I never knew Gerri but, knowing Mike and his entire family from when we were kids, I guarantee that she was amazing. We always hear why good people die young but none of it makes sense to me. I had better end this here before I anger people with my views on this MATTer. Suffice it to say - good people should live longer than bad people PERIOD! There should be a reward for being good.I think it is all a crap-shoot and the dice can roll any way.

In my quest to feel sorry for myself (with people who actually have had real struggles like Gerri and Jill to deal with) I have decided to eat whatever I wanted. So, I have gained about five pounds of the twelve that I had lost. That will end now too. I am going to call that punishment for being a moron (in so many ways). There is something flawed with my thinking here. You would think that being healthier would make it easier to get well.

I am going to go back to appreciating the small things like, right now, I got to the bottom of my cup of tea and there was that little glob of warm, sweet, runny honey that never mixed in or floated to the top. There are many things like that that I take for granted every day.
Now we know why he left - what a soothsayer 

I am not going to bash the people of Indiana for new anti-gay law. Of course, I think the law, no matter what they say, is prejudice but I hope that most of the people of Indiana know this is outright discrimination and that it is wrong. There are a lot of laws in Illinois that I know to be wrong but I did not vote on them. If I lived in Indiana I would be incensed but what can you do? You cannot sell your house and move to another state. If only it were that simple. I will try to avoid Indiana at all costs and, if I have to drive through, I will make sure I fuel-up before I get there and pack a lunch in Illinois so I don;t have to buy their food there; I will not help their economy in any way. I will not spend one cent of my money in Indiana supporting hatred and intolerance. I have long said that the only prejudice I have is the prejudice of prejudice. I have known many prejudice and racist people over my years but, once I discover that, I am a bit closed from the point of that discovery. That is pretty-much a deal-breaker for me. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop on Indiana. I think this is a good old-fashioned misdirection smoke screen so that whatever they are really trying to be accomplished with be over shadowed by this issue. Maybe I am giving them too much credit, huh? Why do you think Abraham Lincoln left and Illinois is The Land of Lincoln?!

Well, that wallpaper isn't stripping itself. Maybe if I slip them a double sawbuck they would strip for me. Thank you for stopping by. I am sorry if you looked for a blog yesterday and I was not here. Have a great day - it is pretty sunny and fairly warm in my neck of the MIDDLE today. I hope it is nice wherever you are. Please keep Gerri and Mike and their families in your heart today for the next part of their journeys. TTTT (probably) my appointment isn't until the afternoon... MITM (off his rocker) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment