Monday, March 2, 2015

I Hide in Doorways In the Night

Being a jerk just come easy to The Shat!
I want to bet the person who watches the news and sees who dies and then changes the programming so the I decide which of their films we play when someone has just died. I have noticed for several years that when Robin Williams dies they play Jack and when Philip Seymour Hoffman dies we play Doubt and when Leonard Nimoy dies we play Star Trek (the new one where he plays Spock in the future) and on and in and on. I guess nobody buys TV Guide anymore with the internet and the guide right on the television. It is the way newspapers have always had obituaries prepared for older celebrities and politicians and such. It is kind of morbid I suppose but immediacy is the key to ratings. Not a surprise that William SHATner won't "be able" to attend the memorial services for Nimoy because of a prior engagement. I bet the Red Cross and the people who are to attend the engagement would understand if you had to postpone. Once a shat always a shat.

The other night (Friday) Cha Cha and I ate at a place called El Molcajete in Geneva. Incidentally, a Molcajete is the Mexican stone version of the mortar and pestle. It is a REALLY small place right downtown. The restaurant is about the size of a small mortar and pestle inside so the name seemed apropo. We could fit many more tables in our dining room and kitchen. I kind of liked the fact that it was small. Of course, it was a restaurant that served Mexican food. We started with a guacamole appetizer consisting of three kinds of guac: a regular, a spicy and one with pineapple. They were all kind of bland for my taste. Anyway, I ordered the fish tacos for dinner. I really like fish tacos even though I know they are always a crap-shoot (or a carp-shoot) when ordering at a place you have never had them before. I have had some really good ones that make the gamble worth the risk to me. Cha Cha tried to warn me against this gamble but I live on the edge. Anyway, I got the fish tacos and it tasted like old fish. I should listen to Cha Cha more. They were mini taco (four of them) and they were deep fried. Technically, I don't know if they are considered tacos at that point. I forced one down. I know I am stupid but I don't like to hurt peoples' feeling unless they deserve it so I started-in on the second taco. I got half-way done with number two and put the other half down on the plate. Eventually the waitress came and asked if I needed a box and I said I did. I put the remaining tacos in the box. Two options - take the box and just throw it out on the way to the car or leave it at the table as though I had just forgotten it. I decided to go with option B.  I know this is becoming a long story. We waited until our waitress went into the kitchen and scurried out the door - I left the box on the table.  As we went down the street I told Cha Cha to hurry because the waitress would probably see the box and bring it out to us. As we hurried to the car I played like I was a spy hiding from the waitress as she chased me down the street with the food. I would duck into a doorway and then come back out onto the sidewalk. I went into one vestibule and came back out onto the sidewalk like a loon and guess who was there with my stinky box? I took the box and thanked her and, when we got around the corner, we laughed and I put the box in the garbage. Maybe Cha Cha will believe me when I tell her how a scenario will play-out next time. And, maybe I will listen to her and just say no to the box and also not order fish tacos so much.
Is this the place for the secret fish taco drop?
I have been in a very crabby mood for the last couple of days which is why I didn't write Saturday. I know some of my most entertaining writing may come when I am crabby but I think I was too crabby this time. I am still a bit crabby but not near as bad. Maybe it was those damn fish tacos. I kind of thought Tilapia was difficult to mess-up.

I watched a show called Citizenfour about Edward Snowden. He is the former NSA (National Security Agency) system administrator that leaked classified information about the wire-tapping and tracking that the American government  practices. We all kind of knew all of this but now we are certain that it is true. I have mixed-feelings. I had a negative feel about him because he leaked classified information but his reasons seem to be unselfish and for the better good. Kind of like The Boston Tea Party or even the signing of The Declaration of Independence to name a very few in our nation's history. I am a rule-follower by nature (and by brainwashing) so I probably would not have done what he did though I think he did the correct thing in this case. He even risked his life and citizenship for the rest of us. It does not seem, from the film, that it was done for disgruntled reasons. It seems like it was just because it was the right thing to do for the people (us) who think we are being looked-after and cared-for by our government. I guess we all know better than that but this gives us some concrete proof. Though they try to paint him as a loon which he definitely is not. Snowden and I have a lot in common - him with secrets of national importance and me with stinky fish.

I have to wrap-up and get some things done before work. Thank you for stopping-by. I am hungry for good fish tacos now. There is a place that has great ones in town here but I am thinking more like Key West or someplace warm. Have a great night. I will not get too crabby to blog again and will probably blog tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment