Monday, March 16, 2015

When You Wish Upon a Blog!

What is the deal with all of the parents over-indulging their kids television shows? There are kids playing football shows and go-cart racing shows...There is a show called Pint-Sized Preacher about a child evangelist. I cannot think of anything more annoying. Of course that one is on the National Graphic Channel (Nat Geo) - makes sense. There are child psychics and Little Miss Perfect and Dance Moms and Toddlers and Tiaras... I sure wonder why the rest of the world thinks were a bunch of morons. Did the grown-ups get tired of embarrassing themselves so they thought their kids would like to be ill-adjusted before they even get to adulthood? I am sure it is all about the money. It really bothers me even more that these shows are on channels that sound like they are for worth-while things like nature and ecology... I would say that borders on predatory.

Spring is almost here. The two ways I can tell are firstly, I saw my first robin. Granted he (I am not sure he/she was a he or a she because robins all have the red breasts - equality in the bird kingdom) was sitting in the MIDDLE of the road at 0212 this morning (yes, it was so momentous that I wrote down the exact time). I cannot believe I saw him/her quickly enough to safely slow down enough for him/her to fly away but I bet there was that little white spot of bird poop in its birdie pants. And, the second sign of Spring is, now that the snow is mostly gone the fuel prices are up another ten cents per gallon. The kids needed to drive back to school after Spring Break and soon people will be taking their summer vacations so we are right for the raping again. Maybe that robin was trying to commit suicide because he/she is broke after driving his/her family back into town. Maybe he/she was drunk - it is St. Patrick's Day Eve. Maybe he/she looked in a window of a house and saw people watching a child-based reality show on The Nature Channel or something.

I am not sure if it was around the same time as the robin incident last night but I heard something on else (on the radio) that I found odd. It is easy for me to see and hear odd things because I am fairly odd and if anything is odder that me I am pretty comfortable in saying that it is odd. Anyway, the guy on the radio (and this is the station in town that says "today's best music") said "coming up in about eleven minute I'll be playing some Human League." I liked The Human League well enough back in the early-to-mid eighties but is that a selling point for me to stick around in 2015? So, more than eleven minutes later (liar though I guess "about" did give him unlimited leeway) he played (Keep Feeling) Fascination. I guess that was enough of a selling-point. I am a button-pusher though and am sure I left and came back. Incidentally, if your looking for some buttons, I can hook you up.

Because of the blog and me mentioning all of the live-action Walt Disney films coming out Cinderella was number one at the box-office this past week. I love that I have that kind of pull and power in the industry and with society. How come we haven't seen Cinderfella on television with this new movie at the theaters? There are so many channels now that maybe it was on the NASA Television channel or something. Back in the day, when we had three networks and maybe two UHF stations, this is the kind of poor-matt's live-action Disney movies we got - Cinderfella!

I do remember being young (yes, I have a very LONG memory) and my mom taking me and my brother and my cousins Carrie and Michelle to see the Walt Disney movies when the came to the Coronado Theater in Rockford. I suppose that was long enough ago that some of them may have been the first times they were in theaters but I suspect most of them we re-released to theaters because we didn't have VCR's or Netflix or premium channels (or even good reception of the few stations we did have). I think I saw every Disney film ever made back then. I loved The Jungle Book, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Song of the South the best even though I didn't know "dwarves" was a word until I was in junior high school. Maybe it isn't? Thanks O'Disney!

I talked about Disney and I forgot to mention that I saw that the Bambis are back out again too. With the snow gone I saw several deer last night. They had been hibernating or, at the very least, lying low with all of the cold and white grounds. They always make me happy to see.
This will be Jeff in about five hours

I have to get dressed and get over to Menard's or Lowe's and get some sand and that clothy stuff you put under sand so it doesn't get squished into the ground and become muddy sand. Jeff has made the entire area up and down the fence line between our yard and where his girlfriend lives total mud. Speaking of Disney - her name is Simba. I think this will be cheaper than our water bill from hosing him off every time he comes back in the house until winter again. He is a good, very smart and loving dog so he is worth it - damn it!  I need to get Jeff to walk on grapes and sell the Jeff wine to pay for the sand. He is amazing at liquefying solids into with his feet.

Thank you for stopping-by. I hope you are in an area of the world that is nice in every way today. It is supposed to be about 72 degrees here today - to me that is the exact perfect temperature. Maybe it is because, besides the number 13, 72 is my next favorite number. I may have to number my top ten numbers one of these days. That sounds like a doctor or dentist waiting room task. I am almost positive I will blog again tomorrow. I think I will get some lunch while I am out too; man I sure live the dream with all the eating and buying sand and stuff. Are rocks cheaper? I could have Jeff turn those into sand with his bare paws. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment