Saturday, March 7, 2015

Today's Blog is One Hour Shorter - Bloglight Savings Time


It is the day that Daylight Savings begins in the country where I currently hang my hat. I am not going to go into one of my diatribes about how antiquated this idea is these days with out technologies (oops I guess I sort of did). It benefits me in a way tonight I suppose because I will be in the cold one hour less. However, since I am not paid on a salary basis, I will get compensated one hour less on my paycheck for this week. I imagine, if I was really hurting for money, I might call off sick tonight or take a vacation day so I would get paid for that extra hour.

Cha Cha and I are sitting in the Tiki Room with all of the blinds open. It is a very sunny day though it is only 36 degrees out right now. I may be able to hip some of that ice away from the end of the driveway today. But, the snow will melt a bit and the water will sit in from of the driveway and there will be new ice there later. Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday it is supposed to be in the 50's.

I think Cha Cha and I are going to go trespass at some of the local cars dealerships and see what they have on their lots tomorrow. I like looking while the sharks (car salespeople) are not in the water. I wonder if it is illegal to be on their lots while they are closed. You would think if they didn't want us there they would have a gate at the entrance, right? I cannot believe that they are not open on Sundays these days. Maybe it is because the banks are closed on Sundays?

Why are there so many bloody Sundays? Today is the 50th anniversary of the day in 1965 that police gunned-down people who were protesting for voting' rights in Selma, Alabama. In 1972 British soldiers shot and killed 26 unarmed civilians in Ireland for protesting for similar reasons. Maybe this is why car dealerships are closed on Sundays? The song Sunday, Bloody Sunday (by U2) was written about the one in Ireland. There was the Bloody Sunday Massacre in Russia in 1894. Maybe all of the violence on Sundays throughout history is why the NFL plays their games on Sundays? Supposedly there is more violence perpetrated against women on Super Bowl Sundays than any other day of the year. I think this one has been disproved as a myth but it fits nicely here so I will ignore the fact that it isn't true (is that an oxymoron?).
They were good but they were no: Snoop Dogg, Shaq or Martha Stewart 

I keep getting distracted from writing this. I think this blog has taken me about three hours to get to this point.

I just saw a commercial for the Comedy Central roast of Justin Bieber. I cannot think of anything I would rather see less than this. Bieber is a moron and I cannot stand Jeffery Ross. Out of curiosity I looked to see who is "roasting" him. The fallen stars that are gonna fail at being funny are: Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg, Shaquille O'Neal and a bunch of people that I have never heard of. Supposedly Bieber wants Seth Rogen to be one of the roasters but his star hasn't fallen that far quite yet. I bet it would be funnier if they just put photos of: Buddy Hackett, Dean Martin, Foster Brooks, George Burns, Don Rickles, Nipsey Russell, Ruth Buzzi and Milton Berle on the stage. The old roasts were funny because they could all be hammered back in those days. I just hope they have the laugh-tracks prepared.

It is almost noon so I will sign-off. I will not blog tomorrow because I will be trespassing at car dealerships and wondering how to spend my Powerball winnings that I am gonna win tonight. Now that I think about it maybe, since I will be a millionaire, I will just have somebody go pick up the new vehicle on Monday. I have never ordered a new car on the internet before. I wonder how much the Batmobile Mattmobile would cost? Have a great Saturday and Saturnight. TTTMonday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment