Thursday, March 5, 2015

What in Tarnation?

At least he has a jacket covering HIS draws!
I just got back from getting a haircut. I don't tell you that to make you jealous of my fast-pace, jet-setting, caviar dreams lifestyle I tell you just so if you see someone who looks like me with shorter hair waving at you it could very well be me.

Last night, in the MIDDLE of the night, I saw the ghost of Charlie Chaplin walking away from me down a sidewalk. As I got closer I realized that it was not Chaplin's ghost after all. It was a guy who was walking like The Little Tramp because he had his pants belted around his thighs instead of his waist. It was very cold out so he was walking fast just like Chaplin in his silent pictures too. I know styles are different for different age groups and for different social classes and for different nationalities and races of people but this one has always confounded me. This from a guy who wore purple parachute pants and had green hair (just that wash-out kind) when he went to see the Psychedelic Furs back in the 1980's. The reason that this one confounds me (and I know I have written about it here before) is where this style comes from. This is how the male prisoners are forced to dress if they are the "receivers" or whatever the unwilling receptacles of male love are referred to in prison. I guess it is so the "givers" of male love can have a quick drive-up window of sorts if they want to get their business done and move-on quickly. Why in tarnation would you dress like this if you were not forced to? Is it more than a fashion statement? Anyway, until last night, in the dark, I never realized how this fashion "choice" makes one walk like Charlie Chaplin's most famous character. It was also way below zero last night so this Tramp wanna-be had to be freezing his ascot off. Incidentally, I think Chaplin was a genius! Here's a video of his famous walk with a catchy tune called The Charlie Chaplin Walk.

Another of may favorite comic actors of all time died 33 years ago today. I cannot believe it was that long ago that John Belushi died. He died the year (1982) that Cha Cha and I met - weird! I am not sure why that is weird - maybe because it seems like an entire life ago (Splenda's and Fabio's lives plus interest).
I guess we could go custom to battle these MIDDLEwestern winters
I cannot believe that it is almost 1700 already. Grocery shopping and sleeping and haircuts and shopping for new vehicles on the internet really suck-up. I am liking the Jeep and Toyota vehicles. We have always had great success with Toyota. I know Cha Cha has been looking at sites too so we will decide soon. She has been working very hard on a project for her work that is wrapping-up tomorrow. I think we will probably drive around town on Sunday (when the dealers are closed) and see what we like on the lots. Any suggestions would be welcomed. We are wanting another 4-wheel-drive as we live in the tundra. Should we get a Toyota Tundra? Maybe we should buy a 2014 and save some money huh? Bentley and Mercedes have some nice SUV's now too.

I am gonna wrap-up. I am sleepy and have lots more to do. The kitchen is already cleaned thankfully. I am not sure what is going on for dinner. I have no idea when my beloved will be home. She is not answering texts as I know she is very busy. I asked her if she wants to go out or if should whip something up. Since the kitchen is cleaned I am thinking the latter is gonna happen (that is my vote). Thank you for being coming in - I am always happy that you do. Have a great night. I will blog in the morning most likely. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment