Friday, March 6, 2015

I Am Already Rich it Turns Out

Cloud Gate at  A T & T Plaza at Millennium Park, Chicago. "The Bean" is much easier
I feel like I have showed-up for an exam without studying; I have no idea what I am going to write today but I said I would write this MORNING so I am writing this MORNING.

I have a few things I have to do this morning. I have three big bags of clothes to take to Goodwill. I have to get the house tidy because Splenda is coming home Sunday for several days during her Spring Break. Normally the lived-in look of the house would be fine but she is bringing a friend with her to stay a few days. The girl she is bringing with her has never been to Chicago and one of her big dreams is to see what is affectionately known as "The Bean" in Millennium Park. The actual name of "The Bean" is Cloud Gate. And, truth be told, the precise name of the area of Millennium Park that houses Cloud Gate is A T & T Plaza at Millennium Park. Chicago is more fun in the summer but there are always thousands of things to do in the city. I will worry the entire day they are down there because I just watched a show about all of the gang violence in Chicago. I know it has always been there but, out of sight out of mind I guess. I also saw on that show how many of the people that were relocated from one of the projects that they demolished was called University Village. I believe it was part of Cabrini Green which was the poster child of the projects of Chicago. The show told how they relocated these people to the suburbs. One of the areas that many of these people were shipped to was to an apartment complex in my town called...wait for it... University Village. We call it "The Village."
Maybe this one would be better for me?

I have blogged about how I find money (most often coins) on the ground. I find some every single day or night of my life. It is mostly pennies but, almost always, the pennies have some body guards lurking about - nickels, dimes, quarters... I always pick them up because of the "find a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck" saying. I would say, for the most part it works. I am lucky enough to have: a good great family, good amazing friends (like you), a good MIDDLE life, good health so far, good non-hideous looks, a good job... I guess the penny voodoo is working. When I wrote about it here February 24th Debbie P said I should buy some lottery tickets. She suggested that I buy a scratch-off ticket and use "the one red cent" that I found to do the scratching. I did that but I did not win on that card - maybe I picked the wrong kind of ticket? I bought the one called Aces and 8s - I wonder if there is one called "pennies from heaven" or "loose change" or something like that? I also purchased $20 worth of Power Ball tickets for tomorrow night's drawing. I think I will move that over by the pile of change that I have accumulated/found. Maybe that penny isn't the lucky one? I would love to call-off from work tomorrow because I am too rich to work any longer.

Wow, now it is 1018. I have to start Mrs. Doubtfiring this place and get the place tidied-up. The laundry is underway already but there is always something to do around the hizzy. I hope you have a great rest of your Friday. I think I will be blogging tomorrow (maybe my last time for awhile since I will be winning millions of dollars tomorrow night). I will still blog when I win but I will just probably dictate it to someone else who will type it for me. Thank you for spending my last full day as a commoner with me. I will invite you to the soiree when I win. See, I am already blogging like a richie. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment