Monday, March 9, 2015

Loonies from Heaven!

I've Got a Golden Ticket Loonie
I tweeted "Love Love Love Schitt's Creek" and I was favorited by Dan Levy (star and writer of the show and son of Eugene Levy) and the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company). I am like one degree from SCTV. Is this the new way to measure my importance? Cha Cha thinks that it is really him tweeting but I think maybe it is "his people." Either way I do love, love, love Schitt's Creek.

You know how I have been telling you about how I find money (change) on the ground at least once every 24-hour cycle? I just got back from test driving a car and when I took the car back to the lot I saw something gold and shiny on the ground. Of course, the first thing I thought was that is was a Wonka's Golden Ticket but it was not. It was a Loonie (a one dollar Canadian dollar) and a Jefferson nickle. Of course, Queen Elizabeth was the one I had mistaken for a Golden Ticket. Does this mean I should have bought the car? Does this mean that those 20 Power Ball tickets magneted to the refrigerator are winners? I probably should check those regardless of what The Queen was trying to tell me. Maybe I should quit looking down so much though it is profitable.

Cha Cha has been teaching Jeff to open the patio door by himself. The other day I was sleeping before work and Jeff must have had an inspiration because he did go outside while everybody else was gone and I was asleep. Our backyard is completely fenced-in or she would not be trying to teach him this skill. Anyway, I heard some rustling downstairs (the bedroom is upstairs) so I came down think Cha Cha was home. I got toward the living room and there was a moose in the house. Jeff's Great Dane girlfriend was standing in the Tiki Room barking at me. Jeff was in Kona's yard and Kona was up in Jeff's hizzy. There is a section of the fence between our yard and the neighbor's yard (their yard is completely fenced-in too) so Jeff and Kona can play together. I am not sure how much longer Kona is gonna be able to fit through that hole - she is the size of a cow calf. I have to say cow calf because other animals have calves too (camels, whales, moose, oxen, reindeer, rhinoceroses, elephants, gnus, elk, yaks, giraffes..). Even a piece of ice that breaks off of a glacier or an iceberg is called a calf so, I did not want to assume you knew which calf I was referring to.

There is a new series on Netflix called Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It stars Ellie Kemper who played Erin on The Office - the U.S. one though there was not an Erin on the U.K. one as I recall. It is a series created by Tina Fey. The series was to be on NBC (under the title Tooken) but, after it was done, rumor has it that the NBC executives said something to the effect that is was "too smart for network television." Whether they said that or not the Loonie I found on the ground earlier today is better than a lot of the network crap that I have seen lately so I agree with this sentiment. Get smarter America - the rest of us are suffering from your idiocy - thanks Netflix and Canadian Broadcasting Company for helping us get through this. I cracked-up one time when Kimmy was referred to as Amelia Bedilia. They didn't elaborate - just left it at that. I remember that book as a kid. - that and Miss Tessie Tate. Do you remember books? Maybe that was the sort of thing that is "too smart?"

About a month ago I talked about gas prices and predicted here that they would soar at Spring Break time. Well, it is Spring Break time and I heard on the radio this morning that fuel prices are up an average of thirty cents per gallon nationally from a couple of weeks ago. I am no genius by any stretch of the wallet imagination as we all know but I predict the same thing will happen in 2016. It will keep happening as long as we continue to let it happen said the guy who was car shopping just awhile ago.

I am gonna take off and check-out some more vehicles. I hope you have a great night; I took tonight off because Splenda is home from school. She and a friend are in Chicago now looking at "The Bean." I am gonna pick them up at the train station later-on when they call. Thanks for being here...TTTT - MITM (out) so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment