Saturday, March 28, 2015

I am Iron Matt (I think I may have used that title before)

Just so everybody was up to speed on what was going on with me, I stopped into work last night. Based on my meeting there I do not think I will ever blog about work again. I sure hope my boss doesn't read the blog because I am so aggravated with her that I could spit! I am not really sure what that phrase means but I remember people used to say when I was a kid when they were really angry. Maybe it has to do with a time when people didn't spit? Of course, I had to check. The saying was shortened from the longer version of people saying that they "could chew iron and spit nails." Now that I read that I do remember, from time to time, people saying "I could spit nails" too. Supposedly, the phrase goes all the way back to when there were a lot of blacksmiths and iron mongers. Anyway, I felt like spitting nails (and I still do) after my meeting. Work stays at work and I will be cordial when I am there but what happens there stays there and what happens here will not be mentioned there. They are separate lives from now on. That is the way it should always be. I have envied people that can compartmentalize the different aspects of their lives and keep work at work and home at home.
You're gonna chew iron and crap nails or eat lightning and crap thunder or something!

IRONic link (because I was going to write about this next thing even before I wrote about iron mongers) - I walked downstairs last night in the MIDDLE of the night. I never turn on the lights - I am not afraid of the dark. Plus, I can see fairly well in the dark. Matt rhymes with cat you know. Actually, I love the dark; I look so much better in complete darkness. I felt just like Tony Stark (or Iron Man) with my little episode monitor or event monitor (not really sure of the proper name) around my neck. In the MIDDLE of the monitor there is a little circle that blinks/flashes a blue light. And, just like T.S., I need this thing to sort of keep me alive. Okay, his keeps the shrapnel out of his heart and mine just reads my whatever-all numbers it reads and sends them up into outer space and back down to someone in a lab who knows more about me than I do. But, that will sort of let them fix me so, it is sort of keeping me alive (and it may be heart-related, who knows?).

I just checked my MyChart because I received an email that there were some new test results there. If you are not familiar with MyChart it is a place where you can see all of your test results and lab work and things of that nature all in one place. As soon as the doctor gets the lab information back you can go there and see what is going on with you. Cha Cha has been using it for years and, now that I am apparently not as healthy as I once was, I am becoming well-versed in it too. Anyway, I am concerned with the information that I read on this new report. That is the bad thing about getting information and being a medical moron (as I am) - it might not mean what you think it means. Yes, that was a Princess Bride homage. Anyway, I will have to investigate this a little more before I comment further. Let's call it a cliffhanger!
Maybe Russian Railways could take some pointers from India?

I feel like doing something unusual today. Oddly. I have nothing specific in mind but I just feel like doing something different. Maybe just typing "cliffhanger" triggered that feeling?! Maybe I should start drinking alcohol again. Perhaps the alcohol was keeping me healthy? Doctors and scientists use alcohol all the time but I would probably not drink the isopropyl variety.

I was reading a report in the Siberian Times (I guess that is kind of unusual) that Russian Railways is proposing a trans-Siberian highway that would connect Russia with Alaska (Sarah Palin was a visionary in addition to being a moron). That means, if they get it done before I croak, I could actually drive from my home here to my birthplace of Heidelberg, Germany. Can you imagine driving from your garage here in the U.S. and A. to Paris or London or Beijing or Venice...? I suppose it would be a much more enjoyable train ride than a car trip which is why it is Russian Railways that is proposing the idea. The world would be a real-life Epcot. I am going to hold onto all of those Euros I have. The project would cost trillions of dollars but, they would make it back in no time.

I think I am going to try to take a shower. I say "try" because this will be the first one since all of these electrodes being attached to my trunk yesterday. I think maybe I will watch the DVD they gave me to go with all of this equipment first to make sure I detach and reattach my monitor electrodes properly. It is not like it is keeping me alive - it is just like an adult baby monitor taking readings rather than listening to me trying to get out of my crib.
This may hurt a scosche 

Thank you for stopping-by. I hope you have a great Saturday and Sunday. I intend to continue to spending some of my convalescing time getting Dirty Laundry Podcast back on track. I just now thought that I think Fabio has one of those very small speakers that he used when he was learning to play guitar many years ago. I wonder if he still has that - that could be a great studio preview speaker. I may blog tomorrow but more likely not until Monday. TTTT (or Monday)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment