Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday the 13th Number 2

I must say that I feel very used and cheap (pun slightly intended as you will notice when you read-on). The birds loved me when it was cold out and I would fill the feeder outside of the Tiki Room window. I would brave the elements, though it was just leaning out of the window for a few minutes, to fill the feeder every night so their breakfasts would be waiting for them when they woke-up to the dawn. Now they don't even come around anymore. They don't call, they don't write... The rabbits still appreciate the carrots and lettuce though. I feel bad about them though because I am afraid that I am lulling them in and one day Jeff will catch them off-guard and we will wind-up with another headless rabbit on the back stoop. I am probably even making it easier for Jeff to catch them because I am fattening them up and slowing them down. I am an enabler!

Today is the second Friday the 13th of the year. I think there is one more to come in November. The last time we had three in one year was 2009 and the next one will be in 2026. Weird, 26 is 13 + 13. I have always had a fondness for the number 13. I always tried to get that uniform number when playing baseball or softball. It may be because I am kind of a contrarian a lot of the time. No you're not. Yes, I am! Why is contrarian not a word according to Spell-cheek?  (I misspelled Spell-cheek on purpose because I am a contrarian and I knew that it would piss Spell-cheek off).
I haven't formed an opinion on this yet

It is almost noon already and I have not done much. I cleaned the kitchen and am on my fourth load of laundry but I am feeling kinda lazy today. This IS my Sunday so I think I em entitled to be a slug for at least part of the day aren't I? I'm writing the blog so that has to count for something. I will do the shopping later and I am wondering what to do for dinner. I am in the mood to cook though the clean-up afterward doesn't thrill me. I do need to trim my nails again today. I am so happy that winter is almost over so they slow down in their growth speed. Why do we even need nails anymore? The nail on my big toe (I only have one so I don;t need to tell you that it is on my right foot) grows too fast and it's kind of gnarly and gets ingrown a lot. Who do I do to get that permanently removed (the nail not the toe)? Is that even a thing?

I am watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as I write this and I laughed out loud (LOL) when Carol Kane's character (Lillian Kaushtupper) said. "ehh the Dutch, I never formed an opinion about them." There are so many lines flying so quickly it is great that I have such a superior and quick whit (as well as that little rewind button dealy on the remote for Netflix). I cannot believe I have to wait until March 2016 for the second season premier. I guess that will give you time to get caught-up on the show before the next season if you haven't seen it yet. I highly recommend it!
I am embarrassed to say I do this stuff all the time 
I read an article about the six most common ways men die. They are: heart disease, cancer, unintentional injuries (car crashes and stuff), chronic lower respiratory disease, stroke and diabetes. So, basically, I will die of something. As I read them I wondered - what else is there? Isn't just about every way encompassed in one of those? "Unintentional injuries" could be just about anything. I am a moron and I could have written that list. I suppose suicide isn't included unless you do it unintentionally. Is old age "unintentional?" Is there really such a thing as "dying of old age?" I always used to hear that expression when I was a child but I bet it was actually one of those other five. If I am 102 years old and I die in a car crash is that dying of old age?

Hey, the birds are out eating the seed. Maybe they were just being lazy today too.

I am off to market (after I get dressed in more proper shopping attire). Thank you for making the time to stop by. I hope you enjoy your Friday the 13th. The birds are singing like crazy now - I love that sound (and, right on cue - Jeff is out there barking). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment