Thursday, March 19, 2015

Back into the Studio Soon?

I wish that was our backyard
Yesterday I saw Jeff do something that I thought was only a myth. I gave him a pipe bone and he took it out in the backyard (no myth so far). About a half-hour later I looked out the window and he was digging under the apple tree (I cannot tell a lie but it was not a cherry tree). He had the bone in his mouth so I assumed he was digging to bury it. Eventually he dropped the bone into the hole he had manufactured and then used his nose/snout to push dirt and leaves to fill the hole. It must he instinctual because he has never seen this before. I cannot say that because I don;t know what kinds of shows he watches when we aren't around. The neighbor told me that his dogs (three Great Danes, two Irish Setters and another big yellow/tan one - maybe a Lab) had a bunch of Jeff's bones in their yard. I guess necessity is the doggie of invention and Jeff wants to keep some of his bones.

I am always surprised to find out who reads this blog. Cha Cha tells me that a lot of people at her work still read the blog (I think they got addicted when I was doing the daily updates on her health issues at the end of 2014) and I know some of the people where I spend my nights (Saturday through Wednesday) read it too. I am really humbled by you reading what nonsense comes from my melon and out of my hunt-and-pecking fingers. I know I almost always thank you for being here and I do always mean it. I love to write and I am not sure if I would if I were not reaching people. If nobody read the blog I guess I could just keep the thoughts in my head and continue to entertain myself. Than you also for forgiving all of my typos in my haste to get the blog published.

I guess Jill and I are heading back to Northwestern Hospital on Thursday (a week from today). I had forgotten that she has another "procedure" that day. I need to put in for a night off on Wednesday because getting off at 0600 Thursday and heading to Chicago at 0900 would probably be a dangerous proposition. The procedure will make it so she cannot drive after the procedure. I think the prep before we leave home for the hospital will do the same a bit. They are basically going to go in and make sure everything is working the way it is supposed to work. I think they will find that she is doing very well. Since I have known her (for the past 33 years) this is as healthy as I have remembered her. At the beginning, when we first started dating, she was not sick too often but it gradually got more frequent (I still think I may be the cause because everything is about me). It has been very nice to have her healthier; she is much happier too. We talked about going in the night before but that seems senseless since she will be on a limited (basically nothing) diet the night before and why go to Chicago if you cannot enjoy dinner out?
At least his haircut is one of his trademarks - I have no excuse
I guess quite a few people are asking Cha Cha when we are going to record another load of Dirty Laundry Podcast too. That being said I WILL head to Rockford in the morning and buy the new mixing board that we need to go to the next level and we WILL record a new show tomorrow night. I will TRY to have it edited and up on Saturday. I know there are a lot of IFS and TRYS implied in those last few sentences but I am not sure what the learning curve will be on the new mixing board. Worst case, I guess we can do it the old fashioned way for the time being. We really do enjoy doing the show and we both do miss it too. Thanks for putting the fire under our seats to get back into the studio. Hey, if you want to be a guest on the show sometime let us know. We have made a big star out of Emo Philips (among other people) and maybe we could do the same for you. We have also made friends with some really great people through the show. Relationships, to me, are what everything in life is about. I am a person people (strike that, reverse it).

Now I have started making a list of people to contact to be guests on the show.

We are thinking about changing our sliding door out onto the patio from The Tiki Room into french doors so we are going to go french door shopping tonight. I bet that is the first time you've ever heard that sentence. I think, when we have those doors / door installed we are also going to have them cut a door into the back of the garage so we can get into the garage from the patio. Now that the backyard is entirely fenced-in it would be a lot easier than dealing with one of the gates all the time. I am already picturing potential issues. The door to the patio would have to have a lock on it so people couldn't get into the garage. I see us leaving the door open and the garage door being open and Jeff escaping. I think he likes it here but I can tell he wants to run free too. He is a lot like me - he is nosy and knows he is missing something.
There's our great backyard view again!

I guess there is a solar eclipse tomorrow. If I see it I am going to look directly at it - I am a rebel that way. I think all of that "don't look directly at it" is a bunch of bunk. I remember being a kid and making something out of toilet paper rolls and tin foil and pipe cleaners or something and seeing nothing. Maybe is I look at it through my phone camera that would be okay? I will have to research it because I don't think I want to be blind. If I did want to be blind I can think of funner ways to get there than to star at the moon passing in front of the sun. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Time for me to fly. Thank you for humoring me with your presence. I hope to blog again tomorrow but I am not 100% with the going west to get the new mixer (and probably a new pair of tactical britches) and then playing with the mixer, coming up with Dirty Laundry ideas, recording the show, maybe start editing the show and getting it uploaded I may be pressed for time. I promise I will blog at least tomorrow or Saturday for sure. I am seriously contemplating a nap right now though. TTTT (or Saturday)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment