Sunday, March 29, 2015

Real Life or Fantasy?

This IS the real life & this IS just fantasy?
I am so excited that Sasha Baron Cohen (Borat, Bruno, Ali G., Jean Girard..) has announced that he is going to: write, direct and star in a film about Freddie Mercury. I like most things that Cohen has done and I love Queen and Freddie Mercury. So, I have great hopes and anticipation that this biopic will be great. I have often thought what, according to my taste, were the best rock bands of all time and Queen is always on that list. I also usually include: AC/DC. The Police, The Beatles, The Eagles... It gets a lot more complicated if I think about solo artists. I know music is subjective and these are based on what I like. There are many, many more that I like too but these are my top five I think. At least for right now. It is funny how my musical tastes change from time-to-time based on what is going on in my life. I suppose that is the same for most people. These five have always been fairly constant on my "like" list.. Anyway, I have a lot of hope for this movie. I am slated to play Barry Mitchell in the film - he was the bass player for Queen in 1970. He quit the group after six months when he thought, "...they were going nowhere."  I sure hope I don't wind-up on the cutting-room floor (that was where you would end-up before computers).

Cha Cha and I are watching Outlander on the free Showtime weekend. It is a rainy (with a bit of sleet) lazy Sunday which equals a good day for binge watching. I have been feeling pretty well and I have not had any of my "spells" or whatever scary word you want to attach to them for several days. I think it has been because I have been sleeping at nights and awake in the daylight like a human might. My two doctors' appointments are coming up this week. Cha Cha has a lot of meetings on April Fools Day so she won't be going with me to that appointment.
Are they now "a person that you meet EACH (and every) Day?"
When we went to breakfast this morning I thought I had lost a day or gained a few. As we were driving out of the subdivision there was a United States Postal Service (USPS) truck making rounds in the neighborhood, in the neighborhood, she was in the neeeighborhoood. She was not our usual postal carrier so she was "not a people that you meet each day." I had to check with Cha Cha and make sure this was Sunday. We assumed that maybe the USPS had started to deliver packages on Sundays to compete with the likes of Federal Express (FedEx) and United Parcel Service (UPS). I am going to go out to the curb and check the mailbox to see if we got our regular mail on a Sunday. Getting kicked to the curb. BRB! No mail in our mailbox. I wonder what the heck the male mail lady was doing in the mail truck going to mailboxes? Maybe we just didn't get any mail but Cha Cha has a package in the mailbox to go out and it was still in there. Curious!

Speaking of Cha Cha, as I frequently do, she has made some good progress on getting the recording / sound equipment straightened-out in Kajunkles Studio (Dirty Laundry Podcast Studio) so we can begin podcasting again soon. That's exciting to me - doesn't take much.

This Outlander series is kind of a medieval Quantum Leap. No wonder I like it - this has been my life until very recently.
My money is on the Badgers to upset the Wildcats!

Man, the University of Notre Dame / University of Kentucky NCAA basketball game last night was really a good game. College basketball is much more exciting than NBA basketball most of the time. At least on television that is. I have been to quite a few NBA games that were very fun to watch (I saw many back in the day when Jordan and Pippen and the gang played and have seen LeBron and Shaq play in Cleveland) but college players, especially when on the national stage of March Madness, really play basketballs to the walls. These kids are trying to make it to the NBA and they know the entire country is watching. The story of Kentucky going undefeated is almost unbelievable; they are currently 38-0 . They are now in the Final Four so all they have to do is win two more games if my math is correct. Considering that the last final four teams are supposedly the best four they still have their work cut out for them. They face the Wisconsin Badgers next. The Badgers were 35-3 on the season but they have Green Bay Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers rooting for them so they will probably beat the Wildcats. Badgers are supposed to be one of the meanest animals on the planet! I will pick Wisconsin over Kentucky in the next round.

So, there's one of my rare Sunday blogs. I appreciate you stopping-in. If you are in my part of the MIDDLE of America it is too cold and windy and wet to be outside today anyway. I would usually be thinking about sleeping soon but I will sleep later. I seem to be on a good sleep schedule and I think that is helping me in many ways. We will see what happens after April Fools Day. Have a great Sunday and Sunnight. I will blog tomorrow whether I have something to say or not. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment