Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Words With Friends With Benefits (patent/copyright/trademark) Blog

Maybe there is time to say "hello, goodbye"
Hit that song that we haven't played here in quite awhile Roz
I have just been yelling at Fabio for about 20 minutes to get up and start getting ready for school and this last time I yelled he asked, "isn't today late-start?" Why yes, yes it is. Every Wednesday the high school starts an hour later for some odd reason but coupled with the facts that I never really know what day of the week it is and last week he had finals so "late-start" was not observed I could still be sleeping for another hour. Today is my Monday so I am totally off - like usual. Speaking of Fabio at school he was approached by his basketball coach who is also his algebra teacher yesterday who asked him if he is going to play sophomore basketball next year. Of course, he said "yes" and the coach told him that the sophomore coach has been watching him and loves the way that he plays and wanted to make sure he was going to play. Fabio has been playing very well the last four or five games. Last game he scored 11 points, had about seven rebounds and four or five assists. The sophomore team only takes 14 players I think so he is pretty happy that they are "scouting" him (well, at least interested enough to encourage him to try-out next season anyway).

Do they have colored mechanical pencils?

Cha Cha and I went to Fabio's basketball game in Sterling, Illinois on Saturday and as we were driving through the downtown there was a restaurant that had a sign out front that read, "National Health Month. Biscuits and Gravy." They couldn't have waited four days until National Health Month was over to serve biscuits and gravy? Maybe for Sterling biscuits and gravy is/are health food, I don't know. It does have all of the four basic food groups I guess: gravy, biscuits, sausage, pepper. They sure do love Ronald Reagan when you get out that way. "Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway," "Ronald Reagan's Birth Place," "Ronald Reagan's Boyhood Home." Maybe they should have called it "Ronald Reagan's Biscuits and Gravy."


I wrote in my little notebook "invalid tile placement." I have no idea what that was supposed to remind me of but I am certain I was playing Words With Friends when I wrote it. I think I may start a new version of the game called Words With Friends With Benefits (patent/trademark/copyright). That seems like a new thought so I am pretty sure that's not why I wrote that in the book. I would stick with the regular version with many people and most would not play my new version with me so I guess I would play that version alone and eventually go blind and have to play the braille edition. By "benefits" I was referring to borrowing their jumper cables and using their lawnmower when mine breaks and stuff like that, of course. (this is where I do that innocent smile that doesn't work on blogs)

I heard that Twitter "tweets" may be censored in other countries soon. Twitter CEO Dick Costello said, "it's a super complex issue... It takes a while for the scholars and the people who study these matters to weigh in and start to say, ‘Wait, this is actually a thoughtful and honest approach to doing this and it’s in fact being done in a way that’s forward-looking.’ So we wait for that to happen.” I guess that's good enough for me and my feeble brain. I defer to the "scholars and people who study these matters."

National Black History Month starts today. I mentioned this on the new Dirty Laundry Podcast this week but it seems wrong that Black History Month is the shortest month of the year - maybe this should be Dwarf History Month (oh, that was bad). Cha Cha pointed out that it may be because it's the month of Abraham Lincoln's birthday which makes sense. For some reason I couldn't leave it at that and just checked and Rosa Parks' birthday is also this month (February 4th). For me that is the reason that National Black History Month is February from now on because I am "a scholar and a person who studies these matters" since I did study the matter by checking to see when her birthday was. So has it been blogged so shall it be done!

What is the next round of celebrities congratulating themselves and spending more money on one outfit than many of us make in a year? The Grammy's and the Academy Awards and maybe the Emmy's? This should be National Celebrities Telling Us How Great They Are Month too. I don't know why this bothers me so much every year. Maybe it's simply because all of the television shows I watch are in rerun so they can all kiss each others' butts? That's your award/reward...I watch your show now GET BACK TO WORK!

Enjoy your Groundhogs Day Eve. Thank you, as always, for reading the rantings of a lunatic so: A) you feel better about yourself or B) realize you're not the only one completely or MIDDLEly demented. Have a great day - TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment