Monday, February 27, 2012

The Cure for Seven Years Bad Luck!

Happy Leap Year Week!!! We get an extra day this week but there are only seven days in the week how does that work? I guess it's not really leap week because the week stays the same but it is leap year because we get an extra day. I am starting to get suspicious because I have always been taught that nothing is for free and you don't get nothin' for nothin' so what is the price for these, so-called, extra days?

Did you watch the big event last night on television? Can you believe all that happened? I was amazed that it was even on. That Donald Trump doesn't give a crap about anybody or who/what he's up against he just puts it out there. I am not going to tell you who got "fired" because some of you may have been watching other shows where people stroke egos other than Trumps!

I am multi-tasking this morning while writing the blog. Yesterday Cha Cha and I interviewed Jack The Ripper's Great Great Grandson for the Dirty Laundry Podcast and I am editing it now while blogging. I think you'll really like the show especially if you don't know much about the H.H. Holmes' serial murders back in the turn of two centuries ago. I must say that I over-studied the topic and I would have liked the show much more had I not become a near-expert on the subject. My main emphasis in college was news journalism and knowing so much ahead of time really takes all the fun and surprises out of life sometimes. Unless you know everything about H.H. Holmes I think you'll really like the podcast this week. It isn't up yet as I am writing this (10AM Monday 2/27) but it will be up by this afternoon.

I just got back from my physical for my new job. Everything went well but I knew it would.
IKEA's CEO showing-off products

Cha Cha and I went to IKEA Saturday and we took the Fiat so we couldn't buy too much. We still managed to fit $300 worth of stuff into the tiny green booger. If we didn't have the convertible we never would have gotten that full-length mirror into the car. While watching Cha Cha hunt the Serengeti look for all of the things she couldn't live without I conducted my own field studies of IKEA. Firstly, you can shop at IKEA with no arguments if there are no children with you and as long as you follow your master like a puppy. Secondly, IKEA makes Epcot look like amateur-ville as far as all of the countries being represented and you actually get better souvenirs for your money. There are A LOT of beautiful people and there are a lot of very non-beautiful people there. One moment I would feel like a pig next to Brad Pitt and then the next moment I felt like a George Clooney Sweater at the ugliest sweater contest. I love me some diversity. I know, however, that I was among the most considerate of all the hundreds there - nobody says "excuse me" or "pardon me" or thank-you"... just me! I also discovered that they actually have different pillows for the different ways you sleep. They have pillows for back sleepers and side sleepers and stomach sleepers but no pillows for non-sleepers or sleep walkers. Sleeper prejudice. Pillow cases, however, have learned to live together in harmony....one type of pillow case for every kind of pillow....POWER TO THE COVERS!!!!

There was an incident while unloading our shopping cart. Cha Cha slammed the mirror next to the side of the shopping cart and shattered it; luckily it was all wrapped in plastic. What happens when you break a mirror in a leap year month? I cannot even imagine what kind of bad luck you get there; it starts with seven years just for a regular break so now multiply it by probably 100 I would imagine. I was not going to let that happen to Cha Cha - mainly because that bad luck would probably effect me as well. I grabbed the mirror and the receipt and headed back in through the out-door. I made my way to the customer service area and when I got there the big "now being served" sign was on #22. The next number coming out of the dispenser was in the 80's and the people sitting there looked like all of the movies that show an immigration office or an unemployment office in New York. I was not going to wait so I took the mirror and my receipt and walked back to where the mirrors were and I switched the mirrors and walked back to the car. I am not really sure how I feel about what I did but there was already one broken mirror when I returned so no he had a friend. I was willing to risk 700 years of bad luck and I did have a receipt. I may have shop-lifted (okay, maybe I made part of this up...just in case the IKEA police read this). Even for 10 years in prison I still would save 690 years of bad luck - risk vs. reward!
I ain't takin' bad luck lying'down!
We then ate at Joe's Crab Shack. That was nice and fairly uneventful but when we sat down all of the wait-staff started dancing around us like it was an Osmond Family Reunion. Our waiter was doing the Cotton-Eyed Joe or some crazy backward dance and then I realized they must have recognized Cha Cha. The Cha Cha Slide was blaring out of speakers everywhere and they were all doing the Cha Cha Slide. It's weird being married to a podcasting sensation celeb like Cha Cha sometimes.

Well, the editing is coming to an end so I will wrap this up too and it may be ready for you to listen to on iTunes or at that Podomatic link. Have a great day and thank you, as always, for reading this and listening to the podcast; it's like charity - you can write it off on your taxes I think. TTTT...MITM (ut...that's Swedish for out)

No comments:

Post a Comment