Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We're as Doomed as Doomed Can be You Know!

It's February tomorrow and it's a few days away from when a furry brown creature will predict what we can know just by looking at a calendar and it's going to be like 6o degrees today. I think Groundhogs Day is Thursday if I am correct. Has anyone ever been to Punxurtawney, Pennsylvania for the festivities? Has anybody been to Woodstock, Illinois for the festivities? Woodstock is where the film Groundhog Day was filmed and they do the celebration every year. I would go because it's not that far but I bet it's really not as exciting as it looks in the movies - and that isn't even very exciting. I could report live (on tape) for Dirty Laundry Podcast though....hmmmmmm. I sure didn't intend to write about groundhogs today but that's the way the blog rolls or crumbles or something I guess.

Sorry I had to take a quick break there because Stacee made her move on Words with Friends and it was my turn. Actually, Stacee and I are playing two games simultaneously so I had to make two moves.

I guess last night there was a mild earthquake in the area. These small tremors have probably occurred since the beginning of time but now we have the equipment to detect things that we were probably better off not knowing in the first place. What would the people of Atlantis have done differently had they known that they were doomed to be swallowed by the sea? Built an Ark maybe? What would the Pompeiiians have done  - Built an Ark? (that's a lot of I's in a row there - I wonder if that's a real word and if I should remember it for Words With Friends). Theirs was a volcano but if they had been out at sea they would have been fine. In the movie 2012 they built an Ark(s) - I think my son and I will begin building an Ark like Evan Almighty because that's what history and films tell us we should. Talk about "build it and he will come."
Oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
In addition to the mini-earthquake in the area they also shut down one of the reactors and released radio-active steam into the air at the Byron Nuclear Plant less than an hour away from where I am right now. They are saying that it isn't harmful and I am sure they would tell us and cause mass hysteria if it were so I won't worry about it. I am in the MIDDLE of earthquakes and nuclear reactor leaks - good thing I am done having children.

The Super Bowl Big Game is this Sunday and there is already a lot of talk about something we watch only once a year besides a rodent stepping outside and then running in horror back into his hole when he sees thousands of people outside his house when he just wanted to go to the porch in his skivvies to get the morning paper - Super Bowl Commercials. Thank goodness we don't have to watch The Big Game to see the commercials because they are already all on-line. If you go to that link there make sure you watch the Honda commercial - Matthew's Day Off (which is me today!!! and I am still in my robe) If you are a MIDDLER or older (or maybe even slightly younger) you will love this commercial. I have Oh Yeah on Roz and I think I am going to play it right now while I finish writing the blog. I love how iTunes will let me just repeat one song over and over and over and over and over...

I heard this morning that Chicago is the most segregated city in America. A bigger earthquake could make that even worse. That's disappointing to me. Maybe it's because they have all of those neighborhoods; Chinatown, Germantown... and maybe it's a good thing because it means Chicago has a lot of different cultures and ethic groups living there but I have a pretty negative perception of the word "segregation."

Muppet Press Conferences crack me up!
The Fox Business Network is saying The Muppets are "pushing a dangerous liberal agenda" and "trying to brainwash children." At a press conference in London to promote the U.K. release of their latest film Kermit and Miss Piggy fielded questions for the press regarding their "dangerous" movie. If I weren't already married I would be stalking Miss Piggy (stalking is wrong and I make this comment entirely for humor's sake and realize Miss Piggy is a puppet with a person's hand controlling her and her voice is most-likely that of a man). Check out this clip of Kermit and Miss Piggy talking to the press in England. (it's short TWSS)

I have more in my blog book but that will give me stuff to write about tomorrow. Let me know if it's worth me going to Woodstock to see the furry festivities and let me know if you want to go with me and/or meet me there - sometimes working nights has its advantages. Thank you for spending some time with me today and if you just haven't gotten enough of my shenanigans download the Dirty Laundry Podcast and take me with you - I'm mobile and it's a brand new show just uploaded last night. Have a great day! TTTT...MITM (Oh Yeah - did you even know there was a video for that song?) TA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment