Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the 2012 Blogs Begin!!!!

He wasn't even from Nicaragua!
Happy New Year! For some reason when I wrote Saturday's blog (which was a bonus in itself) I was thinking Sunday would have been Monday. I am not going to go through the saga of how I never know what day of the week or whether it's AM or PM because I only chew my food thirty times or so. I suppose by saying that I'm not going through it again so I went through it again. So, since I didn't post this yesterday I have already lied this year so I can mark that off my to-do list. Maybe the lie was in 2011 so I still have that to do - drat! That's one that I won't have a hard time accomplishing to be certain. To make up for the lie I also worked-out yesterday (6:00 AM New Years Day).

It's 4:30 AM and Splenda just got home from college about ten minutes ago.

Yesterday Cha Cha and my very good friend Greg Weidorf came to Kajunkles Studio to be on Dirty Laundry Podcast (load #42). You may remember him from load #9. He is our media critic so we talked A LOT about television shows and some about movies since it is winter now and we are all going to be shut-ins in the MIDDLEwest for a great deal of the time. I hope to have the show up today though my parents are coming here so we can have our family Christmas. This is the 2011 Christmas but maybe we'll make it twice as long so we can get the 2012 done now too in case the Mayans' calendar was right and we don't get past December 21st.


Cha Cha was watching reruns of Cheers the other day and I walked into the room. we loved that show when it was on while we were in college. Something that never struck me as odd when I watched it but wonder now....why did the dudes (especially Frasier and Sam) like Diane (Shelly Long)? She was a bitchy, know-it-all, pretentious snob who wasn't that particularly easy on the eyes either.

Saturday night (New Years Eve) was the anniversary of the death or Roberto Clemente. I was a huge fan of his as a yute and still am today. I loved his intensity and ability as a player when I was young but then as I  got older and found how charitable he was he became cemented in my mind as one of my favorites of all time. He died in a plane crash while delivering supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua. I watched a movie called Chasing 3000 about his chase for 3,000 hits (which he got the last game which turned out to be his final season). That doesn't ruin the movie because it is pretty much general baseball knowledge. The movie is average and it's really about the story of two kids trying to go across the country to see him reach 3,000 but there is a lot of original Clemente footage which I liked. I was a little creeped-out at the end when I saw that it was made by Maya Entertainment.

I read in the newspaper Saturday that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) wants Illinois to install highway markers in memory of cows that died in two trucks they were being hauled in flipped. One of the trucks was near Peoria and one near one of the Chicago suburbs. I think these markers are stupid even when they are for humans. So, if I die in a car wreck or near a road or just in a car do not do this to honor me or whatever they are really for; they are a distraction to other motorists and I don't want to be a ghost on the side of the road with a stranger who died looking at my name and some plastic flowers on a sign. I love animals but cattle in trucks most likely were headed somewhere to be slaughtered (just assuming) - I doubt they were on a field trip....they already live in fields. If it turns out that there are signs put up for these cows I am going to buy big stuffed hamburgers instead of flowers and put them in these spots. I will also put signs from the various local burger joints near the signs so people know where they can go and visit the dead cows. PETA could be such a good organization and I would respect them greatly if they didn't act like a bunch of headline-grabbing lunatics throwing paint on people and trying media-grabbing stupid stunts. They're kinda like Jesse Jackson with parlor tricks.
Maybe I could could be behind PETA after all

It's windy outside and I'm windy in here. I hope you have a great Monday (see, I can figure it out when it says it at the top of the computer). Thanks for starting the new year off with me unless you are in Samoa and I think it may already be June by now?  TTTT...MITM (out to edit a long podcast TWSS - I will let you know when it's ready - it may take a while because there was a lot of swearing which means a lot of editing). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment